Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

NH L218 Skid – Malfunction and Stop Light on cold start

RDLDRDLD · 2022-12-17 15:52

Today the temp was 9° F and the machine started right up, but I had the Electric System Malfunction light on solid, and the the STOP light Flashing. There was a 30 second timer running down at which point the machine shut down. I started it again, and the same situation. As the information was scrolling through I did not see any error codes. The manual says there should be a code. I fired it up a 3rd time and it ran fine with no error lights. This has happened before when the outside temp drops. I am looking for ideas or speculation of what might be happening. I will try some more tests tomorrow after I figure how to stop the display from scrolling and just show the error (if any).

Replies3
  1. #1KSSS2022-12-17 16:16

    I assume it was warming up and you didn't try to move it. I am guessing the cold start is pulling the battery down, which may be weak and maybe what is responsible for the electric malfunction. Why the stop light, I am not sure, assuming it was warming up. If you tried moving it before it warmed up, that could set it off. The code should be displayed right on the monitor and if I recall correctly regardless of how you have the monitor set up.

  2. #2tool_king2022-12-17 16:21

    Battery may have been run down a bit .And alternator may have not kicked in right way .Also cold start could have pulled more amps.

  3. #3RDLDRDLD2022-12-19 07:30

    I found an error. It is low oil pressure. Prob nothing I can do about it except get it to a place I can plug the block heater in.