Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

NH LS 150 Skid Steer Hyd Pressure Shut Off

ccrider966 ยท 2010-11-11 23:39

My NH LS-150 skid steer is a 2002 model with only 300 hours on it and is seldom used here on the farm. It started shutting down a couple times due to hydraulic pressure light coming on. Today it would not quit shutting down. I have heard the pressure sensor is often a problem on these and also that a filter change might help. I raised the boom and lifted the seat but have not yet found the sensor. I plan to find it and replace it. Anyone had this experience and can offer any suggestions? The service manual says you have to either remove the left fender or lift the seat to access the sensor. I am sure I can find it tomorrow if I look hard enough! I don't understand what can cause the hydraulic charge pressure to drop other than a clogged filter or a defective check valve! What does the charge pressure do and what could cause it to fail? The wheels and boom works fine so there is pressure in the hydraulic system! Can someone educate me on this system?

Replies2
  1. #1gggraham2010-11-12 23:02

    Here is where the hyd pressure sensor is...see picture.

  2. #2ccrider9662010-11-13 14:08

    Problem Solved Hi...I found the switch, the manual directed me to the wrong place entirely! It is easy to reach and replace. It cost $45 and they are a common problem especially if they show signs of oil seepage. They are normally closed and pressure opens them but when oil gets inside, they short and never open.