Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

NH LX885 – How to tilt the cab????

FullMetalBucket ยท 2009-11-07 17:38

Hi All, I've searched here and the net and can't find any info on the process to flip/tilt the cab of a New Holland LX885.... I've got a small hydraulic leak I can't find and want better access..... Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks! :drinkup

Replies9
  1. #1FullMetalBucket2009-11-08 17:54

    Anyone know of any resources I might have missed in my search? Tomorrow I'm going to call the dealer to see if they can help me out but I don't want to take it in, I'd rather find the problem at home.... Thanks

  2. #2willie592009-11-08 18:33

    I can't say for sure, because I could count the number of NH skids on one hand that I have worked on, but I don't think the cab raises. I'm thinking the seat raises and maybe floor plate removal as well. You can order an operators manual at the NH website for about 43 bucks. You can also look up parts at the website. http://construction.newholland.com/parts/parts.aspx?navid=177&id=7132003

  3. #3td25c2009-11-09 19:28

    Hi FullMetalBucket.I have a 1997 model John deere 8875 skid loader.Deere was buying them from new holland at that time.I'm pretty sure it's the same model as your lx885.I have never done it yet but the cab will tilt.My sevice manual dose not give any details on tilting the cab forward other than to consult the dealer.New Holland & Deere offer a "cab jack kit" for this procedure.Here are some pics out of my parts book.Keep in mind these are JD part numbers.Looks like you remove bolts # 23 & panel # 12 and the cab pivits on bolt # 25.

  4. #4td25c2009-11-09 19:51

    I pulled a fender off this evening and took a few more picks.Looks Like I would have to unhook some electrical connections & heater hoses when I tilt the cab on mine.Probably lock the loader in position with the safty stops.Looks like remove all the rear bolts & one on each side on the front.Leving in the front pivit bolt "painted orange in picture" and remove the front panel.Not sure about hydraulic lines.Keep us posted and good luck with it.I will be learning on this to as I have not tilted my cab yet.

  5. #5FullMetalBucket2009-11-11 22:23

    Thanks alot for the info 25c. Much appreciated. As I go through I'll take some pics and let you know how it goes. You don't happen to have an exploded diagram of the quick attach assemblies? I have one that's jammed..... real bad. Thanks again...

  6. #6tightgtp2009-11-14 08:52

    i used to work at a new holland dealership. you need a special cab jack to jack the cabs over. the jack is similar to rachet binder. it also requires special brackets that mount on the top left cab side screen and at the lower frame where the left loader frame rests. you would have to remove both fenders and the 1/2" bolts at the rear of the cab where it mounts to the frame, and one of the from bolts where the cab bolts to the frame. the whole boom comes foward to. new holland was really thinking when the designed this, tons of access, but it sucks when you need to special tooling to do so i've never seen anyone do without it. good luck

  7. #7td25c2009-11-14 20:42

    Yep,those quick attaches need allot of lubrication to keep them from jamming.Once in awile I take mine apart to grease & oil everything up.

  8. #8bullit3402009-11-15 08:05

    i inquired about this the other day with my dealer, the cab jack kit was like 800 bucks and it was special order. I figured my cab can stay down for that price

  9. #9FullMetalBucket2009-11-21 20:27

    LOL, thanks 25c, I was half kidding about the quick attach diagram but thanks!! I wound up having to cut the pin and replace the pin and handle. I grease it and had the bucket off a couple months ago and when I finally got it apart it was full of grease so I don't know what the problem was..... works fine now though.