Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1835 skid loader

motorizedcowboy ยท 2009-11-06 15:01

Finally in! I bought a Case 1835 skid loader with backhoe attachment and ripper. Seem seller didn't tell eveything. Anyway, when I start this machine and let warm up(deisel) is starts slow and than begins to speed up till it seems to be running on all cylinders. If I try to go forward the engine doesn't kick into fast speed unless I raise and lower the bucket. Unless I do that it will bog down close to a stall. Only have an operators manual witch doesn't give a lot of info. Also after I start and let idle to warm up I noticed the ampmeter will peg and the idle will slow down. Didn't change volt regulator yet. Wanted to get a few ideas from here. Thanks Cowboy

Replies2
  1. #1alrman2009-11-07 02:25

    Does it still have original engine? Case 188 from memory - 2 x fuel filters stacked vertically? Clean fuel & clean air filters - good place to start.

  2. #2motorizedcowboy2009-11-07 06:16

    Why does it rev up when I work the bucket but not to move forward or back? Sell told me he change everything a sell. I'll start there. Thanks