Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Nice 304 mini at the local dealer.

CM1995 ยท 2023-11-10 18:14

Went down to the dealer Thursday to check on our 325 since SiTech was swapping out the rear sensor poles. This little one was parked a couple of spaces over. Nicely spec'd machine I figure it's a special order due to the configuration. Metal tracks, hydro thumb, manual coupler, full cab and angle blade. I like the new Cat mini cabs. Well proportioned with a comfortable seat. Always liked mini's with open cabs but I could be persuaded. Tag said made in USA FWIW.

Replies3
  1. #1Cmark2023-11-10 18:52

    Interesting. That machine left the factory with rubber tracks. I'd guess it is destined for the rental fleet.

  2. #2CM19952023-11-10 19:34

    Are metal tracks a factory option? First new mini that small I've seen with metal tracks. Dealer also had a 308 with metal tracks with rubber bolt on pads and a 309 with rubber. Knowing our local market I'd put money on it being a special order. The Rental Store has mostly bare bones mini's usually with no cabs.

  3. #3Cmark2023-11-10 19:58

    Yes.