Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Nice pic my dad took last fall

928G Boy ยท 2007-05-12 07:44

I operated that little 302.5, with it I trimmed the walls of the shaft you see it being lifted out of. A 325 longreach excavator did the bulk of the work, anywhere the 325 operator couldn't reach, I would dig with the 302.5. It was hard digging, tons of rocks. The 302.5 took a real beating.

Replies11
  1. #1SouthOnBeach2007-05-12 09:56

    kinda something seeing that mini picked up like it was nothing by the 325. nice pics

  2. #2equipment fan2007-05-12 21:42

    nice picture

  3. #3Serv2007-05-13 13:47

    nice picture. Am I the only one that see's a 345 in the pic? where's the 325?

  4. #4HeyUvaVT2007-05-13 14:44

    im with you serv...prolly just a typo :drinkup

  5. #5928G Boy2007-05-13 17:35

    good observation, i should have mentioned that the 325 would have never lifted that mini up... it's a longreach with a huge boom and dipper and can't lift ****! So we walked a 345B over just to lift and lower the mini. oh yeah and that shaft is over 30 feet deep, with soilder piles and I beam whalers reinforcing it, planked between the soilder piles with 4x6s

  6. #6abobb2007-10-20 19:28

    That sounds just like the type of job I recently watched. Don't remember all the machines they used... but company on a job adjacent to one I was working was digging a pit to do micro-tunnelling. Used a standard excavator as deep as possible.. then switched to a long reach.. and finally a mini at the bottom of the hole filling the long reach bucket for the final clean up work.

  7. #7Countryboy2007-10-21 19:29

    Welcome to HEF abobb! :drinkup

  8. #8abobb2007-10-24 14:13

    Thanks Countryboy.. I've actually been around for a while.. just haven't posted.

  9. #9ccmasrc2007-11-03 09:07

    nice pic :usa

  10. #10Keith Bowman2007-11-12 06:25

    cute !

  11. #11carrieseller2007-11-22 20:08

    hello hi,i love ur pic! heyhey..though i am not familiar with the total excavator.i just be familiar with the parts of excavator--bucket teeth,tip,pin,washers and so on..Coz we are specilized in bucket teeth. carrie