Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A couple of old Cats I used to operate.

Nick Drew ยท 2007-05-15 16:25

Here are a selection of old Cat Excavators that I have operated in the past. 225DLC 212BFT 215DLC

Replies7
  1. #1murray832007-05-15 17:41

    I love the looks of the old 215's and 225's more than the newer machines made now.

  2. #2mflah872007-05-15 22:42

    those old machines were nice, couldn't beat them. I got an old 235 in my yard as a spare machine. Starts up better than my 345.

  3. #3mtb3452007-05-16 14:24

    i have to admit the 235-225 were the best machine ive ever ran

  4. #4Cat-Peter2007-05-23 15:03

    Yeah I also liked them older 200 series machines better.:drinkup Last machine i had as an owner-operator was an 215D LC,was an dream to operate! I miss them!

  5. #5Ford LT-90002007-05-23 15:14

    Back in the days when excavators were bare bone basic no electronic crap you had a am/fm radio if you were lucky and no air conditioning. I was playing with a 2007 290 Linkbelt Highwaker Roadbuilder the couple days ago. Turn the key on and all kinds of lights and buzzers come on. Nice machine but way too much electronic stuff. I was a smooth machine it seemed a little slow even with the rpms revved up.

  6. #6CAT245ME2007-05-23 18:35

    Over at work we have a 245B shovel that screems every day as it is digging in the rock. It is a wonderfull sight.

  7. #7murray832007-05-23 19:05

    First ever machine I sat it was a 205LC (I was 7 years old) so I've always had a thing for the 200 series. I think my favourite machine of all time is a 215,very meat and potatos no electronics and was so easy to do servicing its a small machine that dig just as well as anything on the market today,if I have the chance later in life to obtain an excavator it'll be a 215. I always got a laugh at younger operators at Gulf who hopped into a 215 or 235 and wouldn't have a clue how to walk it forward or side to side and would get so flustered and bark and scream or one that busted the glass out of the door as he slammed it in fustration lol.