Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Nissan 50 gasoline forklift sluggish to move all of a sudden

jpeters ยท 2025-09-07 11:15

My forklift decided it did not want to move this morning. It has plenty of hydraulic fluid. Mast moved fine. I do not have a manual on this unit. Can the hydraulic filter cause this? a few days ago the shift linkage fell off. I fixed that and it was fine afterwords. I noticed the water pump bearings are loose too. I am trying to find a water pump to replace it. It says h20 engine. Going to remove it b4 I order one. Any help is welcome.

Replies4
  1. #1TD242025-09-10 19:51

    Not to put a fine point on it, but could the shift linkage have come loose again or the connection at the trans end or anchor point also have worked loose. Not moving the connection at the trans. Check your NAPA dealer for possibly a rebuilt water pump. If has, it will be cheaper than Nissan and just as good. Prolly same # days warranty. Check EBay, lots on there. Even some Walmart ref...

  2. #2jpeters2025-09-11 07:50

    Found water pump on Amazon. Forklift actually started moving on it`s own. Not sure what happened there. It would be nice if i could find a workshop manual on it though.

  3. #3TD242025-09-11 11:09

    Post the model and serial number. Preferably a pic of the actual data plate itself. Nissan has lots of little extra identifiers tacked in.On the movement. Check in under the floor board and track the shift linkage from knob on lever all way down to it moving an arm on the trans. May have had a chunk Rock/Wood knot, stiff weed get in the way and has fallen out. Usually go/no go does not get well by itself. Obvious or the problem removed.

  4. #4Lindetech4192025-10-03 10:54

    Check inching valve and linkage Also seat switch