Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Nissan Forklift ID

hdtrc ยท 2025-06-09 09:54

Hello, I just bought a Nissan CPJ01A15PV. I'd like to do some maintenance on it and I see that manuals for it are separated into Service, Parts, Electrical, and Hydraulic. Each manual is $200 -$300 each. I will use the lift about 10 hours a year so that's steep. I want to do a tune up. How do I ID the engine so that I can just go to NAPA and get filters, plugs, cap, and rotor? How do I decipher the serial number to determine its age and other info? CPJ01-9N1275 It wasn't made in December of 1975 for sure. Maybe Nov of 2009 though. Thanks, Ed

Replies8
  1. #1TD242025-06-10 09:54

    Go to a dealer's parts counter. Show him a phone pic of the data plate of the model/SN. And ask him what filters you will need and what tune-up parts (plugs/points/cap/rotor/ wires) you will need . With the possibility of such a sale, he should be willing to get you the mfg date. Post a pic of the data plate here in case he fails you, and we will try NAPA.

  2. #2TD242025-06-10 15:04

    @hdtrc This is one, it's SN is 9N5655, and as a 2004 model. Shows 12 K hours, so be about right for a nice 2004 model. We used to figure 2000 hours per year in a full use 8 hr a day factory op for leasing. What SN# does your data plate show? https://www.equipmenttrader.com/listing/2004-NISSAN-CPJ01A15PV-5036004284#sid=551096

  3. #3TD242025-06-10 19:39

    Follow this on E Bay... Nissan h20-II tune up kit

  4. #4hdtrc2025-06-20 13:27

    CPJ01-9N1275 is the serial number.

  5. #5TD242025-06-21 21:07

    Good. I will try some of my former Nissan sources for age, and for sure engine.

  6. #6hdtrc2025-06-23 10:26

    Thank you.

  7. #7TD242025-06-23 19:18

    Truck is a 1997 year model and has an H20 II engine. This from the parts manager at a Nissan dealership.

  8. #8hdtrc2025-06-24 11:51

    Excellent. Thanks so much !