Went to get our excavator... started right up, engine runs fine, flipped the hyd. interlock up... and nothing. No joy sticks, travel, or thumb. Took cover off interlock and fooled with switch by hand... nothing. Hyd. fluid ok, fuses ok... been setting less than a month... never happened before...:beatsme Any thoughts? OCR
If the limit switch underneath the saftey lever is good, i would then check (underneath the floor board or in one of the compartments by the engine, not 100% on your model) for the pilot valve. Need to make sure that you soleniod that controls your pilot oil is working properly, turn key on (not engine) and keep flipping the safety lock and listen for the clicking of the soleniod. NO pilot oil means no functions. Hope this helps you.
I agree, for the machine to start ok, but have no operation, in my opinion points to the deadman switch. Something in the safety circuit is sticking / stuck.
Could here click yesterday...yup... but was part of starter interlock... put me off track because it would start when disengaged but not when engaged... normal operation. Never heard clicking of the solenoid before cause always had engine running. In fact, that's what I was betting on... "dead-man switch", or something, was bad. Got books out to get definite location of pilot solenoid valve... under floor as suggested. I took cover off, found valve and tested soleniod... deader that a nit... no juice from wires... but solenoid tested ok... ... Started tracing wires, all the way back through cab bulkhead to electrical box on back of cab... Eureka!!... small green wire chewed apart, probably by a mouse. Had to take cover off box, but only 4 bolts, for working room to get my hand in to separate weather pac connector . Nice little mouse left just enough wire on weather pac connector to use a Posi-Lock (ever use them?) and splice wire. Guess what?... now I know what the pilot valve solenoid sounds like... Works fine... thanks for the help to the both of you...:thumbsup One more thing... when I park... I usually suck the stick in and put the bucket just about touching the right hand track... then the left track can be used as a step... never new that, right?... ... ... But the benefit this time, it exposed the bottom cab area and I could use my 3/8 impact for the bolts, and didn't have to work between cab bottom and track... pretty tight there. Thanks again...OCR
mice :thumbsup great result OCR well done. Them mice aint nice :Banghead A few years back during the Xmas shut down I forgot to disconnect the batteries. As a result a little furry friend found the heat from the warning light on the computer circuit board very pleasent I didnt mind that, its just that he wasn't bothered where he relieved himself and urine and computer circuit boards dont mix
And my friend... I thank you once again. Stay busy and safe now. OCR
When I first got my machine I used to make a habit of setting a mouse trap on the floor of it every evening. Fell out of the habit but still think its a good idea. Also think its good practice to never eat or store food in the cab in order to reduce attraction to mice.
Glad to see you got it with out spending a boat load of money. Glad to have helped a little bit, and good luck.
I would say it was... " more than that ", my friend...:thumbsup And thank you again. OCR
The mice(probably had buddys) was using your bucket step to enter the machine,just a short jump from bucket to the track!!!!!! I know the pain , it cost me $600 last year to rewire my mice eaten wiring on my dozer. I try to install mice bait over the winter now,but they still like living the good life in the cab in the heater ducts.Not good when you run the A/C in the summer Good job and good luck:drinkup:usa
delete
Construct'O, Yup... had 'em in our dozer too... Every once in a while... a little mummified baby mouse body would blow out an A/C vent... ... OCR...
hydraulic problem on the panel with the starter switch but further back about behind the seat there is a hydraulic overide switch flip it and see what it does
hydraulic problem Thanks Steve, Problem was a wire to the pilot valve... chewed apart by a mouse. Hydraulic override switch was one of the first things I tried... didn't have any effect, so I figured something else was wrong... Thanks much though. OCR