Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi Mining Treats

ncbschzzt ยท 2008-06-27 10:29

So the Mine Expo is almost here. I will show the build of a new Hitachi EX5500-6 from start to walking her in to the hall. 110+ ambient, going to be fun..... How ironic I just watched 3 trucks pass me by with some parts from Long Beach.

Replies10
  1. #1stretch2008-06-27 14:29

    opcorn

  2. #2ncbschzzt2008-06-27 16:23

    So most of the 3600 has arrived, only some 5500 parts.

  3. #3ncbschzzt2008-07-16 02:50

    Okay, so today we organized our site and put together the game plan. First we moved all the cylinders and position all the 5500 parts together and away from the 3600. After that we installed the Cummins Remote Filter Tanks for the ability to run the V16 500 hours before oil changes. Spent the rest of the day installing cat walks and hand rails. Will update pictures tomorrow, progression will fly now. Tomorrow agenda is install 5500 control valves, which weigh 24,000lbs. Install hydraulic tank and fuel tank on 5500, and continue installing handrails and catwalks. Again pictures coming SOON! Total weight of 5500, truck loads equal 1 million pounds of freight.

  4. #4ncbschzzt2008-07-29 11:28

    more pics

  5. #5ncbschzzt2008-07-29 11:33

    more pics

  6. #6Bellboy2008-07-29 13:27

    All I see, well most of the time, is the track assembly going up country. Can never identify the rest though.

  7. #7ncbschzzt2008-07-29 16:08

    you guys have some big machines out there for sure

  8. #8CAT992G2008-11-06 05:15

    nice video about the new hitachi dash-6 mining excavators: http://www.deere.com/media/player/e...me=/cfd/hitachi/&Video=shovels&r=1&height=270

  9. #9JackDeere2008-11-08 22:08

    I am jealous. Steve Overton was going to get me on that job however I had a school in Phoenix the same week. I was at the last Mine Expo. Loved it. wanted to go again.

  10. #10reddot5562008-11-10 20:00

    thats just what i need...i got a few sewer laterals to dig...wonder if they'd let me demo it