Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

No hydraulic movement

cat303.5 ยท 2013-11-03 21:49

303.5 mini AFW1-Up cat. Engine runs good, but has no hydraulics at all. All fuses are good, electrical circuits are ok, power getting to the relays on valve body, but nothing works. Any thoughts, comments, suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies18
  1. #1mikebramel2013-11-04 17:15

    What is 1) Main standby pressure 2) Pilot pressure

  2. #2joispoi2013-11-05 01:20

    Sounds like the safety switch.

  3. #3The Learner2013-11-05 03:37

    safety switch would be a good spot or the lock out solenoid controlled by the safety switch

  4. #4cat303.52013-11-07 21:11

    will check, having trouble finding the right cupplers to go on my gauges.

  5. #5cat303.52013-11-07 21:14

    safety switch checked out OK

  6. #6cat303.52013-11-07 21:17

    getting power and good ground to all solenoids.

  7. #7jack3452013-11-07 23:26

    Confirm that the switches are being activated when arm is down, adjustment may have slipped .

  8. #8apm2013-11-08 13:00

    If no hydraulics at all, maybe pump coupling? Greg

  9. #9cat303.52013-11-24 15:35

    All test ports are 0 PSI nothong at all with arm rest up and or down.

  10. #10mikebramel2013-11-24 16:31

    Pump to flywheel coupling

  11. #11cat303.52013-11-26 21:33

    Is it common for the coupling to fail? I'll have quite the adventure after thanksgiving dinner, removing the pump. thanks, keep you posted

  12. #12rankothge2013-11-27 10:45

    you can check coupling, loosing pilot pump outlet hose and start the engine

  13. #13cat303.52013-12-01 22:47

    Got pump off. Made quick video @ [URL="http://youtu.be/kNAkq7A45q4 Unable to get photos posted here.

  14. #14jamiep2013-12-03 16:50

    it could be the micro switch on the safety leaver, try firmly putting it up and down a couple of times

  15. #15Nige2013-12-03 17:47

    What was the history before the hydraulics went AWOL..? Machine working OK with no problems then suddenly quit working or is this something that has crept up over time until the hydraulics no longer work..? If you want an electrical wiring & hydraulic system schematic PM me your complete Serial Number and your e-mail address.

  16. #16cat303.52013-12-29 20:20

    Got the coupling replaced; all is good. Thank you. Will get a YouTube video posted after a while.

  17. #17cat303.52013-12-29 20:23

    Bad coupling, got it fixed.. Thanks

  18. #18Jeff S2021-03-28 21:49

    I'm new to the forum and hate to start off this way but I'm hoping I could pick some of your brains. I look everywhere without any luck for my machines symptom. I have a 303.5 AFW01 used it, parked it, went to use a week later and now won't travel and only the swing left & right, blade up and down, boom down, boom left and right off the pedal works. Arm, boom up, bucket curl do not. Unless I pull back on either travel stick. I bought all the solenoids and still same issue. Things are tight at the moment and can't afford to take in. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks