MCT 135C / JCB 300T running fine all of a sudden the bucket slowly came down lost all hydraulics now it’s stuck in my driveway. How can I tell if the main pump is shot, I have the manual but it’s kinda gibberish. I know they’re pump always had a whine to it and you kinda had to rev it up to get any kind of work out it before. Now, no whine, no nothing ! Mechanics, especially mobile, in this neck of the woods are far and few between.
Seems like catastrophic pump failure or drive coupling sheared. Listen for pump noise: Start engine, rev it up. do you hear ANY pump whine/hum? Different sound than before = internal damage (gears stripped, shaft broken). If no sound at all = pump not spinning (coupling failed) or completely seized Check hydraulic tank level: If it suddenly dropped significantly, pump destroyed itself and dumped metal/oil somewhere (catastrophic internal failure) Inspect pump drive coupling: (requires some disassembly) Check if engine-to-pump coupler sheared. pump shaft not turning even though engine runs You'll also need full system flush (metal contamination), new filters, possibly valve work if debris circulated
Can I replace the coupling by removing hydraulic pump and changing from that end or do I need to remove motor ?!?
I changed a hose on one of the pumps on one of these units. Hard to remember exactly, but might be an idea to open the hydraulic filter and check for damage inside before taking anything else apart. The operators manual says there is a charge filter and a hydraulic return filter. They are to be changed every 500 hours. How many hours on yours. It may be a coupling or pump failure. Pump failure will have put something in filter. Simon C