Replaced start relay because it clicked, but no contact across the contacts. Now the new one won't even click when the start key is turned. Have manual 1744, but it doesn't show wiring schematics. Fuse maybe? Where is it? Manual doesn't help. Jump across the replay and the engine starts.
I did test the coil on the new relayl and it has resistance & not open. Confusing, the 2 wires that are supposed to pick the relay, hanging in the air when I turn the key to start both have 12 volt on them ..... how can that be?
The fuse panel is just inside the right side cab door. Its on the vertical panel below the hydraulic control handle . The Operation and test manual TM1743 has the electrical schematics. I will send the start schematic , check your messages.
Sometimes a key switch S-Terminal that feeds the relay through usually some safety system, will show power with a volt meter hooked up to the leads hanging in the air, but will be too weak to be able to engage a relay. A Voltage drop test from the key switch positive to the positive of the relay coil winding will reveal too much resistance somewhere in between. Can you do a voltage drop test from the Key switch poitive to the Key switch S terminal to determine if your key switch is too weak internally. You either have a good or no good key switch, Good or no good harness through the neutral safety switch, and good or no good from Relay output to Starter Solenoid S-Terminal. If your not shure how I can explain. Simon C
I haven't been able to get to it today. Will try tomorrow. Thank you for your help. Any idea on the fuse location? I bought the 1744 because I figured it was the latest, but I guees I guessed wrong. lol
No idea on fuse location. Operators manual will usually show where they are and what size each is suppose to be. If you don't have a manual, I would suggest you get one. Good for maintenance info also. Simon C
See post # 3
I have the operator manual, but it only references the fuse, not where it is. Thanks for the help though.
Posting number 3 up avove tells you where it is, below the right side hydraulic control handle. Thank Diesel Dave. Simon C
Thank you,I found the fuses. Problem with the start has been corrected! Thank you all!
Glad you were able to find. Diesel Dave was correct. Some repairs start with the simple things, our problems often revolve around not knowing where to look. Simon C