Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

No response on throttle dial on link belt 2800

looneytunes ยท 2021-08-21 16:03

The throttle dial had been working fine then started cranking wide open. Once it started wide open it was killed immediately. Then sometimes u could crank immediately after killing and it would crank at a idle like it should and work okay from the dial. Now its cranking wide open all the time and cant get it to work right. Have been using the linkage and pinning in one of the three on the arm at the motor. The manual thottle in the cab does work but no fuctions will work in manual mode. The cable is freed up between throttle motor and injection pump. Does anybody know whats causing this? Any input is appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1ronpov2021-11-26 08:27

    Here's my thread from when I was having problems. My issue was that after a while on of running it would just stay in position and not move anymore, and show an "electrical problem" code, and switching to manual mode would not help. I ohmed out everything, and made new wiring harness from the computer to the throttle motor, but didn't help. I ended up buying a new throttle controller computer for about $100 and it looks like that was the issue for me. My computer is KHR1885, and you can find it on ebay or Amazon. Since your manual mode functions normal, then you might figure the computer is working and may be an input issue. You can ohm the throttle dial, ohm value should change as you turn it I think, or just try a new one. Looked but I can't find the shop manual page for the dial, if I had one. Also, when you turn the key on you can hear the motor make a cycle and hit the hi and low limit switches. That's something to keep in mind to listen for when troubleshooting. HeavyEquipmentForums Here's another post that may help. HeavyEquipmentForums