Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Nord lock disc washers

Farlsincharge ยท 2014-01-30 22:43

Long time lurker, first time poster. Some background, I am deep into the pivot and drives on a ditchwitch 3610. The right angle drive has been "fixed" in the past and now I am rebuilding it. Having trouble with these Nord lock disc washers that are on the parts diagram, but were not on the machine when I took it apart. I ordered them with all my other parts anyway. They go on the bolts that attach the hub to the ring gear. There are 8 bolts and the parts diagram shows 2 per bolt. However the quantity on the parts sheet is 20 washers not 16 and I can find no other place that calls for these washers. The diagram also shows that both washers go on one side of the ring gear and none on the other. The back of the ring gear where the diagram shows no washers The front of the ring gear and hub where it shows to use 2 washers One side of the washer The other side of the washer How I tried to arrange them The footnotes on my parts pages also warn of getting any silicone on these washers. ***? Does anyone have any input? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1kshansen2014-01-31 05:32

    Not sure if this will answer your question but check out this page: http://www.nord-lock.com/products/wedge-locking/

  2. #2Cmark2014-01-31 07:02

    I can't help you with your 16/20 mismatch problem but I can tell you that Nord lock washers are used in pairs and yes, you're stacking them the right way. It seems a strange application to me though. I've only ever seen them used on high end applications under bolts going into threaded holes. Using them with a locknut/bolt combo looks like a waste. Especially where the bolt to hole fit looks like you're throwing a sausage up Market Street. Also, Nord lock washers I've bought come glued together as a pair for ease of assembly. Are they genuine Nord lock?

  3. #3Farlsincharge2014-01-31 13:47

    They look like they were glued together but have come apart. I don't know if they are genuine, they came in a baggy from Brandt tractor. From the website (Thanks) it looks like they are being used wrong anyway. Only on one side and on a hardened surface. I might just try and find a bolt that fits better and go without the washers. Thanks guys