Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Northeast Rockbusters May 2009 Show

stretch ยท 2009-05-30 21:37

Had a great day today, spent a few hours with dad across the border at the NERockbusters spring show this afternoon. So without further adue, here are the pictures. -The Flett trucks, which are common sights on many of the local shows. They sure pay attention to cleaniness on them. -Dresser-IH 125E, newly painted and in excellent condition. For sale for $12,000, wish I could take it home. -Allis-Chalmers grader -And out to the pit, where this 225E was loading up a brand new Extec crusher for road base (so I assume). -1934 Cat Diesel 50 pulling a Cat grader, not sure of year or model

Replies19
  1. #1stretch2009-05-30 21:48

    -I'm not sure what the rusty shovel was, but I think it's a Northwest. It had Corps of Engineers signs on it. The nicely painted one is a 10-B. -In the pit, there was a Trojan loader (forget the model) belonging to Canizzo Bros., a B-E 22-B w/clamshell, a 15-B backhoe owned by Mello Construction, and Walsh Contracting's Koehring 205 (john1066, you sure had a nice machine out there, wish the Michigan was out and working!). -Closeup of the COE machine. -The Trojan spreading out the stockpile, I'm guessing for the new road going up there. -It's partner in crime, a nice little 955.

  2. #2stretch2009-05-30 21:58

    -The 22-B, which spent the entire time loading stumps. -There goes Pa, walking by an Insley and two loaders, Michigan and IH. -A 1928 Wilford, forerunner to the Unit machines. -Never heard of this little guy, a 1961 Cat 933. What are the specs on this one? -2 Macks and a Brockway coming back from a topsoil run.

  3. #3stretch2009-05-30 22:06

    -A site dumper, no clue who made it. Dad liked it though. -A Model AA lining up for the Wilford and a B-model Mack waiting for the Trojan. -Hands down my favorite machine, Mello's 1956 B-E 15-B. We talked to two of their mechanics who had worked on the incredible restoration of this machine over the last 6 months. It was mostly finished for the show, but they said a few tiny details needed to be taken care of. They said that Bob Mello, the owner, had been waiting months to get back on the machine and when he did, ran it as smoothly as a hydraulic excavator. -A Deere loader pulled by a GMC truck. -Mello's Autocar and Vieira Marine Construction's Brockway.

  4. #4stretch2009-05-30 22:18

    -J. Melone & Sons' B-61 tractor. They also had a L-Model dump truck which was nicely painted up. -Now can anyone tell me what the hell this is? It had a Ford engine, a tag from a Lessman company, and painted in A-C orange. -And speaking of Ford...:tong -I didn't forget the small stuff. No idea what's on the left, an old Cub, and a...um...a Deere, but another senior moment with the model. -An IH...I want to say 4900 but again, not sure.

  5. #5jimmyjack2009-05-30 22:26

    i know that mello a-car ive driven that ...and the dynomike international ,mikes a good guymive hauled with him before were was this show?

  6. #6stretch2009-05-30 22:28

    -G.E. Helliwell Trucking's '68 R-600. Again, another spotless job. -C.D. Kenyon Excavating's DM-600, also a '68. I really wish this truck was working today. -1979 235, another machine up for sale. -A Diamond-Reo wrecker and Mack pickup. No, really, it was modified into an oversized pickup. And that wraps it up for the Spring 2009 show. Thanks for looking! :usa

  7. #7stretch2009-05-30 22:31

    Hi jimmyjack, the show was in Richmond at the Washington County Fairgrounds. It runs through tomorrow too if you're back in the area.

  8. #8willie592009-05-30 23:15

    Very good job Stretch. You did good starting the thread with that Flett B-Series Mack, what a sweet truck. And all the R and DM models look excellent, did ya' see all those Red Bank? I remember a lot of those old trucks from the 60's and 70's, good stuff. And a lot of cool equipment. Nice job. :notworthy

  9. #9john10662009-05-30 23:39

    Thanks I wish I took a picture of the michighan. here is a better picture of The koehring not to steal the post. The kid running it had never sat in it till today and was screeing loam for the first time.

  10. #10jimmyjack2009-05-31 10:03

    dam... if it was next weekend id be home to check it out:Banghead

  11. #11stretch2009-05-31 10:59

    Thanks ATCO, I love those old R-, DM-, and B-model Macks. They're certainly not a dying breed around here, most of the guys are holding onto them. Flett really keeps that Mack looking nice, the other truck is a 1952 Sterling (chain-driven, of course ), also in well-kept condition. John, if you have any pics, I'll be glad to share the thread.

  12. #12RonG2009-05-31 14:17

    Say Stretch,seeing that B-81 reminded me of the Gasppari company in Waterbury.Do you remember their trucks or were they before your time?The color scheme was the same and they were always immaculate.Thanks for the great pics as usual.Ron G

  13. #13stretch2009-05-31 16:06

    Sorry Ron, must've been a bit before my time. I'll ask my grandpa about them, he lived and worked around Waterbury for many years.

  14. #14special tool2009-05-31 16:30

    Great pictures. How much does he want for that 235 - kinda like those.:tong

  15. #15RonG2009-05-31 17:09

    I may have spelled it wrong,it may be Gasparri or even another spelling but I guarantee you he will remember them.It seems that I still see them around today doing patch work for the phone company like Meriden const. used to do before they folded.Lots of chrome and polish.Ron G

  16. #16stretch2009-06-01 17:57

    On second thought, I do believe I remember them doing some work downtown just a few weeks back. They had a nice R-600 on that job.

  17. #17JS580SL2009-06-01 22:29

    That was a good show! Alot of extremely nice people there. I was running that 225 for a while on Sunday afternoon. Nice machine.

  18. #18BKrois2009-06-02 21:27

    I went to the show Sunday. It was great weather and a good turnout for trucks/equipment and spectators. I took a lot of pictures that i added to my webshots album, here is a link rockbusters photo album . Hopefully September 2010 will be good weather for the HCEA national show at the same location.

  19. #19Koehringman2009-11-12 08:56

    Dear, Stretch, The Loader is a 1978 Trojan 1700 that Canizzo has. The shovel is a Northwest 25. Not sure of the year. I was playing on the 22-B when the photo was taken.