Waking up my Northwest 25 Shovel from it near 2 year nap. They lost the contract on the show grounds and with Covid, their will be no more shows at this location. Waking it up getting it ready to haul home.
a freind has one set up as a dragline It still goes out to work , Nice old rig you have. Steve
Nice looking Shovel.Did the 25 run with a Murphy ?
I have two other Northwest machines with the Murphy Diesel. This one here has the Detroit Diesel .
Thank you for posting it up, Buddy. Nice machine.
Are two Northwest units south of here Old boy that owns them considers them ‘priceless’ as wants well more for them than scrap price. Has a complete but rusting sectional mast to convert one to crane yet both are set up as trenching shovels.
If I was closer, I would try to own the both of them.
Not sure what they are for other than a Murphy, but have two injectors I was given by a guy near here who worked on Murphy's piratically up to the day he died. I was thinking one of them was a rebuilt injector or good used one. If they would be of interest I could see about numbers and maybe some pictures. Start a conversation with me if interested.
They look like they were well cared for.Id bet the owner just wants to know they wont be scrapped.I feel that way about my Bucyrus Eries.
Were his Dad's machines, bought new. Were used to construct many of the mid fifties subdivisions sewer and water supplies in the North St Louis County regions, state of the art trenchers of their day.
Moving back home.
Your machine looks good.Nice to have side boards on that bed. Every time they move me on a narrow one the side boards seem to be missing and your on there with almost a 1/2 a pad over the rail.
Got the rest of my attachments moved in. It's all together again.