Now that might be fun to watch in action! I might want to stand well behind the output end of that thing. Also think the sound of that would be like that of a F-15 getting ready for take-off on a carrier!
Looks likw its missing part of the nozzle
Looks like he spent extra time thawing out the switches.
Hold my beer, I've got an idea......
Switches and highway crossings are the most likely places to derail a train. Cleaning out highway crossings by hand really sucks in the winter. I wonder how much fuel those machines use.
Interesting rig. Way back in the mid 70's, we were working on building a big dam up in Ohio. In order to place fill in the winter, all frost had to be out of the ground. So, the contractor had a D8 dozer with a hood built on the blade. A jet engine was mounted on a rack built over the cab and engine, and the rig pulled a fuel trailer with it. They would the creep across a ripped up fill zone, with the jet engine exhaust blasting out under the hood and onto the ground. This engine heat would melt any frost or frozen ground, and then fill could be placed there. Looks kind of like the same principal. Jeff
I so need one of those
Wonder what happens if the breaks don't hold does it go screaming backward?