Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Norwalk, CT harbor dredging pics

mcc1075 ยท 2008-11-07 16:47

I found this Cat 375 onboard a barge dredging Norwalk harbor this afternoon. The project is being done by Jay Cashman Inc. out of Boston, Ma. This is phase 2 of the project, phase 1 was done 2 years ago. They have to remove over 200,000 cubic yds of material.

Replies18
  1. #1mcc10752008-11-07 16:49

    Here are some more.

  2. #2stretch2008-11-07 17:34

    Just wondering about how the hydraulics are protected from the water...are they run through the inside of the stick?

  3. #3mcc10752008-11-07 18:09

    The hydraulic lines are running down the sides of the dipper. If you look at the pic of just the clam shell you can see the lines. They look like they have some type off wrapping on them perhaps. I will try and get some closer pics tommorow.

  4. #4nedly052008-11-08 04:02

    How long does it take him to load that barge??

  5. #5mcc10752008-11-08 09:21

    They are loading 2 barges per day. They are working 24hrs, due to the time frame that the Army Corp of Engineers have put on the job. All of the dredged material is going to an offshore dumping spot in the middle of Long Island Sound, off the coast of New Haven, about 35 miles east of Norwalk.

  6. #6D5G2008-11-08 22:53

    cool pics, unusual job, thanks for sharing!

  7. #7Dug Overburden2008-11-09 00:53

    Norwalk dredging Nice pictures, if this is the only machine 200,000 yards yards is a lot of cycles. Looks like a 5-6 yd bucket.

  8. #8mcc10752008-11-09 09:18

    That is the only machine, I have to admit they are making good progress. I am going to say that you are correct in the clamshell being 5 to 6 yards.

  9. #9mcc10752008-11-09 18:25

    I my travels today I found another dredging job at a marina in Greenwich, CT.

  10. #10cat 3852008-11-09 22:04

    never been able to work in the mud all day and not have to shovel tracks cool pics.

  11. #11Dug Overburden2008-11-09 22:15

    Dredging Nice setup, that looks like a Komatsu PC650

  12. #12JDOFMEMI2008-11-09 23:35

    Dug The doghouse is taller than the cab. I think it is a PC1000

  13. #13Dug Overburden2008-11-13 02:03

    Probably right (PC1000) You got me Jerry, your right. Also the under carriage looks longer. If the machine was spun around the other way it would be a give away.

  14. #14mcc10752008-11-13 07:28

    Guys, I drove by there yesterday going to on of our job sites, and I saw the other side of the machine and it is a PC650, of course I had no camera in my truck.

  15. #15JDOFMEMI2008-11-13 11:30

    :Banghead:Banghead ointhead

  16. #16mcc10752008-11-16 14:45

    Another barge with a crane onboard showed up during the week. I have yet to see it working due to heavy rain and high winds around here for a few days. I will try and get some pics of it working during the week.

  17. #17stretch2008-11-16 16:44

    Looks like a Lima 2400...seems to be very well-taken care of.

  18. #18Willis Bushogin2008-11-16 19:33

    Dredging Looks like Cashmans, rig from Boston, Ma