Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

pics from stamford, ct

mcc1075 ยท 2008-11-06 18:56

I had the day off so I took some pics.

Replies18
  1. #1hoeman6002008-11-06 19:00

    ???????????????????????????????? :cool2

  2. #2mcc10752008-11-06 19:04

    I had the day off so I took some pics

  3. #3mcc10752008-11-06 19:06

    Sorry, I am new at posting pics.

  4. #4mcc10752008-11-06 19:11

    Here are some more, I hope you enjoy.

  5. #5BKrois2008-11-06 20:08

    I go by that job almost everyday, it smells a little better now that most of the contaminated was removed/capped.

  6. #6mcc10752008-11-06 21:09

    They really did alot of cleanup there, it will be interesting to see the area when it is done in a few years.

  7. #7Pecord Exc2008-11-06 22:10

    The government has really been encouraging "brownfield" developments like this? Which site is this?

  8. #8mcc10752008-11-06 22:38

    It is the south end of the city down at the end of Washington blvd. Part of the site is the old Pitney Bowes plant. For the life of me I cant remember what else was down there. It is going to be mixed use when it is done, with condos, shop, etc. They are having alot of problems on the site, it is a union job and they brought in non- union carpenters from Texas to the site. Lets just say it didnt go over well with with the different trade unions.

  9. #9Turbo218352008-11-07 07:27

    ^ Good to hear other trade unions sticking up for their brothers. Around here its common for us to support another trade. Unfortunately, that trade we support wont return the favor.

  10. #10stretch2008-11-07 17:32

    Sure is a lot of work going on in the 95 corridor. I was just through there (Bridgeport-NY) on my way to the UN yesterday. Is the large dozer a D8 or 9 and what make is the front-end loader?

  11. #11mcc10752008-11-07 23:23

    There is a ton of work going on in southwestern connecticut, and alot more in the future, including alot of I-95 projects. There are 2 pics of dozers, one is a d5 and one is a d8. The loader is an old school 980b, a classic, of which O&G still has quite a few off.

  12. #12stretch2008-11-08 11:39

    Thanks again! And my dad says that there isn't much non-residential work in CT? :Banghead Ok, maybe not as much as usual, but still a bit. Keep the pics rolling! :usa

  13. #13D5G2008-11-08 22:56

    that 345 looks awesome, what is the scope of the job?

  14. #14stretch2008-11-08 23:34

    I remember now seeing an article in the Hartford Courant about that development planned there. Sure seemed like a good-sized project. D5G, that site would probably be mostly remdiation and eventually general sitework work since, if I recall, most of the demo work was done a while back. http://demolitionservices.com/massdemo-pitney.html

  15. #15D5G2008-11-08 23:38

    cool, thanks for the info stretch!

  16. #16mcc10752008-11-08 23:51

    The work on the Pitney bowes site is done. That was done by Stamford Wrecking Co. They were there for a least 2 years, if not longer. There is more demo of the old Yale and Towne building is still being done now. Bestech is the contractor over on that job. That site, which is about 4 city blocks, is about a half a mile away. They are all lumped into the same project called Harbor Point. I will be in Stamford tommorow and I will try and get some pics of that job.

  17. #17stretch2008-11-09 09:24

    Thanks for the correction mcc.

  18. #18mcc10752008-11-09 16:05

    Hey Stretch, here is whats left of the demo of the site I mentioned. It is being done by Bestech. There weren't as many machines there as there have been. There are still 2 more buildings to demo, you can see them in the backround in some of the pics.