Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Not able to start LS190

Spiercev ยท 2016-06-01 20:58

Hello all, We've had this skid steer and it blew a hydraulic line a couple years ago and it had sat after we put the new line and haven't had it running since. I just took a look at it today and it gets voltage on the battery side if the solenoid, but when the key is turned, it doesn't get it to the starter side. I'm going to replace the starter solenoid but I don't think thats going to be the only thing. It doesn't have any signal that I can tell on the solenoid wire when the key is on. Is that wire supposed to have ~12 volts on it to actuate the starter? Or just resistance? I traced the wire to the other relay that it connects to and that one is not switching the current over. The relay right next to that one clicks once when I try to start. Any thoughts? There is some different lights in the dash that I don't know if they will prevent it from starting or not. Hopefully yall have some ideas, It seems like either a bad relay or a code Thanks! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Repair Manuals: http://bit.ly/1SgVqbj

Replies3
  1. #1Moonlite2016-06-02 00:00

    New Holland? If so does the dash light up when you sit in the seat? If not check your seat switch. Also check the seat belt switch. Check your fuses. Also should have a toggle switch on the right side by your head can you flip it and start the machine .?

  2. #2Spiercev2016-06-02 09:42

    The dash lights up when I sit down and the seat belt light turns off when I latch it in. If I leave the key in the run position it brings up a red light that has what looks like a drop of oil in a gear. I know that the hydraulic oil is really low from when it busted a hose. Is there a sensor that will sense low hydraulic oil and cause it to not start? It has that service mode switch and I'm pretty sure it's in the right position. Also the thermostat starting aid light just kinda stays on after the initial flash and I don't remember if thats normal. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Repair Manuals: http://bit.ly/1SgVqbj

  3. #3Spiercev2016-06-03 13:24

    And yes, it New Holland