On my way back from checkin up on a job I saw this and had to take a picture... Local boro employees... and there are several bucket trucks and a towable all terain 35' man lift available in town...
Don't know about where you are but see this kind of stuff all the time around here. Bad part is the "cowboys" get hurt or worse and then they/surviving families want to sue the employer. No problem if the employer encourages that kind of stuff but if they are in violation of company policy the company should not be liable. Rick
Maybe they spent a little too much time in the establishment advertised at the lower left of the boom lift before they went back to work..
Wouldn't the loader bucket lift him high enough?
Good joke that.................................. As had been said here with great regularity "can't cure stupid".............................
I agree. However, there are alot of companies that try and get by with make fit tools and improvised items that have the potential for serious injury/death. And lets be honest alot of guys in this economy can't take a chance on lsing their job so they try and do the best they can with what they are given. I know not all employers are that way, but it's alot more than most want to admit. Some don't even provide PPE anymore despite OSHA regs that mandate it.
There are many things that "company policy" says not to do but they turn their head as soon as something needs to be done to keep costs down.
Or another way of putting it, "Even duct tape can't cure stupid."
You cant put brains in pumpkis.
In china,nobody do that kind of job,we have crane or telescopic handler,or other special equipment.
It's obvious they couldn't find the ladder they usually place in the raised bucket!
I think it's safe in the bucket.
not sure to laugh or cry
I believe there are some gold minors in Alaska that I wouldn't put that past.