but im pretty sure it wasnt here.....
I wonder why they transported it upside down? Seems like it would continue to leak fluids like that. The EPA here would have a filed day with him.
good point
I wonder if he survived. I don't think those things have ROPS.
Damn, they must have been paving right on the edge. I don't see any other way to flop a paver over like that.
not unless he jumped off the machine for some reason thinking he would be back on in a second, or he wasn't paying attention ahead and kept staring at the screed box, and started on over.
I think it fell off the truck when they went around the bend. Since there is no black top material in the stream or in the augers of the machine.
thats what i was thinking.
:yup Look in the second pic there is a good 11/2' rock ledge on the side of the road.
He was probably looking at a woman and forgot wich planet he was on.
Blaw knox! Hi everyone, I'm new here. I was thinkin It's a Blaw knox, and every time in the past twenty years when i got stuck runnin a blow knutz, I often would have loved to point it over a cliff and jump off. Ya can just go to your local Walmart and git ya another one. Oh by the way " I hate blaw knox" Flame on! Terry
I would agree that it probably fell off of a trailer while being moved. My reasoning is that the lines are already painted on the road. Brian
Probably trying to GTF outta there before the EPA showed up!
I'd imagine goin down the road at 60 that all of the fluids would be streaming off behind him goin all over the windshields of the following trafic.I bet it wouldnt take too long for EPA too find him. Looks like its bound down well this time though.
subject Ya know its gonna be one of them days when ya gotta fish your paver outta the creek.:Banghead Its a sure bet that Geico wont cover that little accident.:usa
thats gotta suck
paver theres no way any fluid could leak out of the paver.no way possible..............cause it already leaked it into the pretty creek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!now somewhere down stream fish are dying like mosquitos in south la.........:drinkup
It looks as if they were just finishing the job. If you look real close in the last picture you can see on the right side of it a line painting truck. Look real close and you can see the guide wheel on the guide stick on the truck.
Looks like a Granite show
paver To bad looks like a nice machine
ahhh ya think the truck driver couldn't stay in the box and the operator followed the truck off the road??? just a thought ...lol.....
I agree that it was probably on a truck, Never blame the operator, when there is a teamster available IUOE LOCAL 98
That is not a good way to start the day. I hope no one was killed in this accident. That seems to be very dumb to haul it upside down, Couldn't fluids leak out like that?
I've looked these pics several times and never put two and two together but i think i have an idean on how it happened. The paver is a cat 1055 and i know first hand that while going down hill these particular pavers are hard to control while in high gear. Im guessing the operator was coming down the hill in high gear and tried to make the corner but lost control dumping it in the creek. the road is apperently pretty fresh so they were probably moving the paver down to somewhere it can be loaded easier
The paver in the pictures is a Blaw Knox PF5510 with an OmniIII screed, not a Cat AP1055.
This is why I do not go fishin anymore, Sombody else always gets the BIG ONE !