Been getting bored of late AGAIN, so started setting up a better single lever loader control station. First iteration but going to get a few mods such as narrowing the lever yoke and the trunnion cross. And yes I know what I have is as overkill as my Ulrich bucket but it is all I have!! Scraps.
That vise sure looks handy.
Older than the hills. Suspect was used for metal framing setups, light angle or flat iron. Got it from a neighbor that had no use for it.
Alright, ready for critics but is a far cry from where it was.
Looks good to me, nice job!!
That is very ingenious! Does it work the bucket control pretty smooth? I suppose the other lever mounted a little behind the new single lever would be for the multipurpose bucket?
Morning metalman, linkage is reasonably smooth but I need to get it out and use it(not for awhile) to see how well it works. I had set up a different arrangement last year but it was very clumsy and used a lot of distance to do the same as this. And yes the 4/1 control is the high mount. What I tried to do with this setup is mimic the dimensions of the existing bell cranks as to leverage for ease on control and maintain the mechanism inside the dimensions I had open on the control plate. Have not been able to use access off the right side as the 4/1 lines ran across so filling the void did not hurt. I also did not want to delete the original mechanism for the return to dig and where should it remain viable for someone else's hands they may wish to put it back to original levers.
This was my first iteration. But much cleaner than the Donor set up: