H i guys well I fixed one thing and now there's another issue the LH drive wasn't working but you could hear the pistons moving on the motor, the RH drive was working but its now just decided to stop, I replaced the filters and that got everything else working and now if I hold pressure on the LH drive its leaking into the planetary and actually spraying out from around a cover bolt , so there's a seal issue , but the rh side has decided that its not going to work now, it did operate I ran it for a bit and now its just locked , does anyone have any ideas what might be the issue. I am open to any advice at this point, or is there a brake release on the motor so I can at least drag it out of the spot its in I trust your all having a great day cheers Tommy
The over filling of the LH final drive could be caused by leaking motor shaft seal and or the brake piston seals. Remove the LH motor and the brake piston and seals. If you don’t see anything wrong with the brake piston seals (items #40 and 41 in parts screenshot below) then a reseal of the motor would be next. When you try and operate the RH track does the engine pull down at all ? If you need to move the machine pull off the LH and RH planetary covers to remove the sun gears OR you could also remove all of the sprocket bolts. .
Hi Dan well the rh motor was causing the hydraulics to bog down but its now working ? go figure Im about to pull the motor off and check the brake seals finger crossed could be ok even better I find an issue will update regards Tom
here's the update , I removed the motor and it had pressure between the motor and actual drive fluid came spurting out, so I decided to go in further and removed the drive cover and planetary found what looked like metal in the drive, turns out its aluminum tried a magnet and yep , the only place that can come from is the piston shoes so I think that.s going to need some attention next' although the seals looked ok they will be replaced when I pull the motor down , not sure why it would make metal though hmmm
The intermittent right side no drive issue is going to resurface at some point, While you are making a parts list I suggest to investigate the right side planetary oil and right side motor condition as well.
Hi Dave the motor has really gone to **** this time , any ideas where I might get parts I have looked everywhere no luck also trying to get the piston body off but it doesn't move as I need to get into it a bit deeper see the pic its pretty stuffed this time
I think a complete motor if available will be the way to go Search aftermarket suppliers for Hitachi # 9069509 or Deere # 9133147 .
Hitachi part number or model number is HMGB08BA if I cant find a local one China is probably the way to go although India produces some good stuff now as well
Tommy,try Travel Motors Direct. They are on the Sunshine Coast and can recommend. Murray could have all the parts you need on the shelf or if you're handy they can rebuild it in house.