Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Traversing trench with mini-excavator

SlowSL ยท 2024-08-15 10:53

New to earthmoving equipment. I'll be digging 3ft. wide trenches with a mini excavator in a couple weeks. The footprint says track length on the ground is 4ft. There may be times that I'll need to go directly over the trenches. 6" of contact basically on either side when centered over the trench to "walk" over it is too sketchy, I'll need some more surface area to cover and hold some weight. I'm wondering what should be or what's typically used in order to fabricate a bridge to get safely across? I can lift the front/back with the boom to help keep a lot of weight off, so I think the point which most of the weight would be midway when the mini is directly centered and I'm moving the boom to the back in order to lift the rear and finish the move.

Replies0

No replies yet.