Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Now this is something I’ve never seen before

CM1995 ยท 2015-05-24 15:03

977 with rear grader blade. I wouldn't want to be the operator on the jump seat running the grading blade. http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=10665933 The quick tach on the bucket is neat, old school version of the skid steer quick tach.

Replies6
  1. #1Landclearer2015-05-24 15:32

    I am not sure what that is for. I have seen one on youtube mounted on a dozer and was not impressed with how it worked. I will pass in being the second operator as well.

  2. #2DMiller2015-05-24 16:23

    That and a side dump bucket, what a mess to operate, probably for snow removal but is open station.

  3. #3JDOFMEMI2015-05-24 16:47

    I remember seeing blades like this on dozers. I think was in Brazil, and they were used to clean out corrals and stock tanks. The ones there were set up so that the operator ran the machine from either the front or the rear. this one does not seem to be, and that would make it a challenge.

  4. #4lantraxco2015-05-24 18:35

    Has steering pedals....

  5. #5CM19952015-05-24 18:56

    But no transmission controls or F and R.:beatsme I guess you gotta be an octopus to operate it.

  6. #6lantraxco2015-05-24 19:19

    I dunno, looks like a small throttle lever on the left, and maybe forward reverse, not sure... the big stick on the right looks like it may have both blade functions on it.