I have a 1985 Acar with a NTC 400 big cam 3. My question..the fan clutch runs on air.when it is engaged ( not running ) you can turn the fan by hand there is some drag But can still turn it! Is the fan clutch gone? When manually switched you can see it move in and out.
Is it a Horton Fan ???
I'm not sure can't see any name or numbers ... Not a easy thing to remove
Some air fans use air to disengage the fan and some use air to apply the fan ...Either way it needs to be locked up solid ...If you get some numbers and make off of it your local truck supply can offer parts for them ...fairly simple rebuild ..Hope this helps and good luck
Thanks guys Found another truck set up the same way and Yes I need a new fan clutch! Thanks again!