Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ntc855/ N14

pjen405 · 2020-09-07 14:29

Alright so long story short, I had a n14 blow a hole out the block in my fld120. I swapped it over to a 400 big cam but this motor does not have Jakes. My question is, is it possible to swap the heads from the n14 to the big cam? Will they fit and work?

Replies6
  1. #1Truck Shop2020-09-07 17:05

    If your asking will jake housing/heads on a N14 work on a NTC 400-no. And there are differences in the cylinder heads also.

  2. #2pjen4052020-09-07 18:39

    I know the jake housing won’t fit but was wondering if the heads would swap so that I would have Jakes

  3. #3Truck Shop2020-09-07 19:35

    First off what model of NTC 855 do you have, 2,3,4 or 88.?

  4. #4pjen4052020-09-07 23:38

    CPL 449. Big cam II

  5. #5Truck Shop2020-09-08 07:26

    Be easier to round up a set of model 30 jakes, those can be had pretty cheap.

  6. #6Truck Shop2020-09-09 10:02

    To be exact-these are the models you can use with cpl449 heads. Early models Single entry turbo-30E,400,401C Divided entry turbo-400H, 401B Current brake model-425, 425A