Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

O&K L20B bucket commands problem

ROAMER_AUS ยท 2020-02-13 09:30

Hi All!!! If anyone remembers, I have done electrical installation on this loader a while ago, there should be a thread about it somewhere. Now that is finished. Loader was in operation for 2 days without a problem. Today, bucket doesn't work. Boom and everything else works fine. Bucket can not be curled. I move joystick to the left, it dumps, I move joystick to the right, it dumps again. I can only curl the bucket by putting it on the ground and reversing while lowering the boom. And then I can lift the boom again, bucket doesn't dump by itself, it holds position, but no matter what I do with joystick, it dumps. I have noticed that it dumps slower when I put the joystick in curl position (left). I think that something is stuck or broken in the distributor / valve. I have no other ides. Any ideas what to test before I start removing whole valve assembly out? Thanks, Dragan

Replies4
  1. #1ROAMER_AUS2020-02-18 03:43

    Took the valve block out and discovered that there is a piece of metal in valve spool area jamming the spool so it can't move all the way. Piece probably came from the cylinder as all other cavities and passages in the valve are too small for it. Fun times ahead with the cylinder!!!!

  2. #2ROAMER_AUS2020-02-18 12:21

    Valve is back in, but cylinder is bypassing. next step cylinder out.

  3. #3ROAMER_AUS2020-03-26 10:28

    Hi all, drama continues with this loader. Cylinder went for repairs. Ofcourse, piston inside was broken. Cylinder was put back in by the owner. Now the problems continue. He is saying while loader is cold everything is working, but when it warms up, both bucket and boom can not be moved. UNLESS he gives commands for both and boom and bucket to work at the same time. Then it works fine, but they both move, as they should. First thing that came to my mind is that he connected the pilot hoses wrong, but he swears that he marked them all and connected back the way they were. What adds to the mystery is that it all works while cold. Any ides? Maybe another small piece of metal jammed in the valves housing somehow? Thanks!

  4. #4ROAMER_AUS2020-04-09 02:54

    It was air in the hydraulic system. Once bled out properly, everything works fine. Interesting this was that air was trapped in the brakes portion of the system, but brakes use hydraulic system as well, so I guess it is all interconnected somehow.