Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

O-ring replace source??

Speedpup · 2009-02-28 21:05

When you need to replace different o-rings where can you get them to match or how do you measure diameter of o-ring and circumference off it to fit? Thanks!

Replies4
  1. #1liebherr11602009-02-28 21:23

    best bet ..either get an overhaul kit for the application ... or get it apart and head to a hydraulic shop of sorts any place that rebuilds pumps or motors...pay close attention when disassembling ..some rings maybe hex or square ..and there lives have made them look round at a glance

  2. #2willie592009-02-28 21:34

    I have it lucky. I have a Parker Hannifin distributor in town. I can get any seal except OEM propriotory seals. You need to find a good hyd shop to help you with your seals, most seal distributors are wholesale distributors, other's sell to the public.

  3. #3Speedpup2009-02-28 21:58

    Thanks guys there are a few hydraulic shops around I'll try. I was thinking automotive parts house also.

  4. #4joispoi2009-03-01 02:45

    A cheap way to go is to buy a few universal kits from Wurth or similar. It´s going to be hit or miss, though. It´s a good investment to go to the dealer and buy the o-rings that are most likely to fail and just have them on hand. If one lets go on you, it´s a good indicator that it´s time to replace the others.