My friends that live just south of Grass Valley have been evacuated due to the "Oak" Forest fire. I hope you are in the clear Birken. Post when you can.
I will echo that sentiment. Keep us informed.
I saw the smoke driving back from church today. With the magic of the internet, was able to avoid the traffic jam by going a different way. It was held to 10 acres or so. I don't know what damage but I suspect little. I keep on top of fires since I used to do that for a living. The smoke was very impressive for the half hour or so it was ripping. But it started in an area with lots of houses and hence, roads. Therefore lots of fire trucks quick and I suspect road access helped them to get on top of it immediately. What really seems to be the problem are fires that get started out in the middle of nowhere brush fields and get really large and wide before they impact populated areas. Then there is not much you can do for the first few rows of houses against the brush that take the brunt of the fire. Like what happened around Redding.
Glad to hear that all is well. My friends got the all clear to return home later last night. It's good to be lucky.
Thanks for thinking of us. Since posting I have learned it was Alta Sierra which is a brush infested, hilly, twisty road housing community with lots of senior citizens that got evacuated because this fire was at the bottom of there. The fire departments are terrified of what might happen if a fire got going in there and this one was right at the bottom of it headed that direction. Conditions were not that bad yesterday, on a more windy day this could have been much worse.
Have friend up in Redwood Valley, they have been taking a beating there, lost his own home last fire season and rebuilding now. Not good times, take care, enjoy reading positive sides.
Glad to hear you are OK