Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ocala Excavision

roddyo · 2008-12-07 13:38

Has anyone run an Ocala Excavision? I just wondered how well they worked. I was thinking about a hard wired version since I will be mostly cleaning out old ditches.

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies25
  1. #1tuney4432008-12-07 19:02

    A what ???

  2. #2cat 3852008-12-07 19:30

    never have, but i looked it up pretty cool.one of the pages i looked at had what they said was the worlds longest reach excavator,would like to see more pictures of that.

  3. #3roddyo2008-12-07 20:54

    Sorry. ointhead Here's the link: http://www.ocalainstruments.com/Excavision.html By the way, if you don't know what it is how can you give me any advice about it. I'm just having fun with you by the way.:drinkup

  4. #4tuney4432008-12-09 23:10

    That's OK--At first I immediately thought excavision was just another spelling boner by HEF's finest. Guess I was wrong.Whatever happened to just being a good operator?If there's robotic operators in the future,we're all dispensable you know.

  5. #5RT Engineering2008-12-09 23:29

    The Ocala Excavision is very cool. I bought one, it is pricy ($8500), and I am actually selling mine since there is no work. Let me know if you are interested - I can save you some money. The system is expandable to work with GPS, and it is easily transfered from one machine to another. It also makes it easy to dig an accurate hole without having to climb into the excavation. RT

  6. #6tuney4432008-12-10 10:03

    Try this tonque twister: Excavision is for excavators to run their excavators so that the excavation is excavated correctly. No thanks--I'm in the same boat you're in--NO WORK boat--that's why I'm selling a bran new laser set up---I can sell it to you and save you even more money after you sell your excavision. Mine is a whole lot cheaper than yours.

  7. #7Teemo2010-01-18 08:47

    RT Engineering, Do you have to re-set it if youre doing a large foundation excavation that requires you to re-position the excavator through out the excavation. I was looking at one of these systems about 10 yrs ago.They were pricey then and still are.How did you like when you had the work to use it.Ive been on the fence with this system for quite some time since i do mostly foundation work,would love to have one since im a one man show now with this crazy economy and the in and out of the machine to check basement floor level gets old real fast. Tim Modine-Modine Excavating

  8. #8roddyo2010-01-20 22:12

    Stay on the fence when it comes to the Ocala Excavision.:Banghead If you will notice that everyone telling you how good they are has one for sale. Including me.

  9. #9Teemo2010-01-21 19:04

    So are you telling me they are not worth the bang for the buck?. What other systems are available,i would like something to use to check grade while im digging foundations or cesspools working with tight tolerances. Tim

  10. #10EGS2010-01-21 21:54

    Rodney what don't you like about the excavision?

  11. #11roddyo2010-01-21 21:58

    It's terrible slow digging ditches on grade. That wouldn't be a problem except the only reason I bought it was to dig ditches on grade.:Banghead

  12. #12Teemo2010-01-28 17:58

    Can someone put up a video of the ocala excavision in action as a demonstration with and without a laser?That would help us. Tim

  13. #13Hieb2010-08-29 19:22

    has anyone run the 3 latest systems out there? Topcon x63, Leica PowerDigger3D/2D and the Ocala Excavision?

  14. #14Kellogg Report2010-09-11 22:26

    There are several 1D/2D systems available on the US market: Trimble's GCS600 Topcon's X42 Leica's PowerDigger Prolec's Digmaster and the newcomer this year: Hemisphere GPS' Earthworks X200 (developed by Prolec) The Europeans have several other system to choose from: Axiomatic 3B6 Novatron and a Norwegian newcomer: DigPilot There are also several system available for 3D excavator guidance. You can see a detailed comparison with tons of illustrations here .

  15. #15Kellogg Report2010-09-13 12:39

    -I forgot to list Agatec's EZ Dig Pro

  16. #16willie592010-09-21 10:00

    Action1, It's obvious you haven't bothered to read the forum rules. This is a no soliciting forum. You have made 7 posts today to different threads and all 7 posts either promote a product or a company. We do not allow individuals to trawl threads making posts hoping they will net a customer. If you want to advertise at this forum, you must do that through paid advertisement. I strongly suggest that you make no more posts fishing for business.

  17. #17manac2010-12-09 21:54

    Anyone use the EZ DIG PRO system before or know how much money they run?

  18. #18OBPM2011-07-22 19:03

    List price is $7,995.00 USD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw021H7CM-A

  19. #19davidtenna2011-08-30 00:46

    Construction technology today also covers a whole new field of green buildings. But are they cost effective enough to be recommended for mass production.

  20. #20Kellogg Report2011-10-12 23:29

    Yesterday Topcon announced their X-22 excavator system which is a re-branding of the Norwegian DigPilot system mentioned previously.

  21. #21Bigironjim2011-10-26 22:55

    I have run into two systems not mentioned here that are very similar (from what Ive read) to the Ocala system. Trimble GCS Flex, and Trimble DDS300. GCS Flex is hard wired and the screen response is spot on. The DDS 300 ( designed for smaller machines) is wireless, using bluetooth technology. I ran them both and once I learned to listen to the warning sound (similar to a laser grade rod receiver) rather than watch the screen, I could dig to grade accurately and faster than using a rod man on the ground (once I was comfortable with its accuracy)

  22. #22Kellogg Report2011-10-27 16:20

    Bigironjim is right. The reason these systems were not included is that they were not available at the time of my previous post.

  23. #23MOBA_Patrick2012-12-11 11:36

    The MOBA Novatron system is available in the US as well and I know a guy you can talk to about it.... wink wink!

  24. #24godofex2013-01-12 11:10

    Look hard at leica you wont be disappointed.

  25. #25ExcaVision2013-05-06 16:29

    Since this thread is a direct question regarding the Ocala Instruments Depth Monitor, I´d like to use this opportunity to give you some information about the depth monitor. Better late than never. The basic ExcaVision 7 system(Our Current Model) has 3 wireless sensors on the boom, stick, and the bucket. There is a receiver box in the cab connected to a 7 inch LCD touch screen. It is very easy to operate and install and does improve the quality of the work while saving time. The display has a built in step by step setup manual which makes it very easy to install and calibrate. The system can take it´s reference of a rotating laser or GPS. We recommend the rotating laser because it´s more affordable and the accuracy of the laser is unsurpassed, about 4 times better. The biggest advantage of ExcaVision is that you can do all the work you need without the need for a helper, which automatically saves you money on wages.. Here are few of the applications you can use ExcaVision for: Depth Monitoring Grading Trenching Sewer work with slope Layering Cutting slope Dredging Blind cuts Pile Driving Keeping breakers/augers plumb If you need any information don´t hesitate to send me an email or post a question. You can also check www.ExcaVision.com for more information. All the best, Thor