Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

OD of Cat reusable fittings

Welder Dave ยท 2019-08-12 16:46

Hoping someone might know the OD of the outer sleeves on Cat reusable couplings. I tried looking online but couldn't find reference to the OD of the sleeves. I think they are for 1/2" XT3 hose couplings. They look to be around 1" to 1-1/8"diameter but I didn't have a caliper to get the exact measurement. Thought there may be a chart somewhere. Need to make some bushings the exact size to fit in a clamp.

Replies5
  1. #1kshansen2019-08-12 19:12

    How about using an open end wrench to work as a go no go gauge? Or do you need to measure to the 1/1,000th of an inch?

  2. #2heymccall2019-08-12 20:30

    3S8606 is the sleeve for xt3 -8. Perhaps a quick call to your dealer's hose room? The dimensions aren't in the hose and coupling book.

  3. #3Welder Dave2019-08-12 20:33

    Never even thought of using a wrench to measure. I'm hoping it's a common size so I can convert the clamps for reusable fittings using a bushing in the existing bracket and bulkhead fittings. Have six fittings that clamp in and have to be the same size so the clamps work on all of them. Also wouldn't have to replace all the hoses (12) at once.

  4. #4Welder Dave2019-08-12 20:37

    It's odd everything else is listed. The Cat dealer doesn't do them anymore so I'm not sure if they'd have the O.D. measurement.

  5. #5Welder Dave2019-08-14 01:47

    Measured them and they are real close to 1-5/16" OD so I think if I got short pieces of 1" Sch. 160 pipe I could make bushings for bulk head fittings that fit the existing clamp.