Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Odd problem getting on site

Welder Dave · 2024-05-15 21:10

I can get on on my computer but couldn't get on on my phone all day. Never had that issue before. Is there something I can change in my phone settings?

Replies37
  1. #1Tinkerer2024-05-15 21:21

    Hi Dave ! I wouldn't make any changes in the phone settings yet. That can lead to more problems. Is it just the HEF website or all websites ?

  2. #2Camshawn2024-05-15 21:22

    I had to turn my VPN off today to get on. My guess is this is a result of the spam attacks last week. pause on vpn just expired and I could not load a page. VPN is paused again and all working.

  3. #3Drag racer2024-05-15 22:45

    I have same problem sometimes I just give up.

  4. #492U 34062024-05-15 22:54

    Site's been down for me more than its been up lately.

  5. #5Welder Dave2024-05-15 23:11

    It's just HEF but I finally got on with my phone. I know the site was hacked and figured it's related but seems odd how only my phone was affected. It has done it before but usually after waiting 10 or 15 minutes I can get on.

  6. #6Welder Dave2024-05-15 23:13

    What's VPN?

  7. #7Mike_272024-05-16 00:33

    Virtual private network - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org

  8. #8MarcusZ19672024-05-16 06:23

    Not just HEF. I've had problems with Rumble, FB Marketplace and other sites. Funny thing is that ANYTHING goog related worked fine. Makes ya go hhhmmmmmm.

  9. #9Tinkerer2024-05-16 07:56

    Could be browser related. I use Firefox for a browser and DuckDuckGo for a search engine and I seldom have problems with loading HEF.

  10. #10MarcusZ19672024-05-16 08:06

    Same browser, FF. Duck doesn't work in those times either...

  11. #11HarleyHappy2024-05-16 10:24

    This site has been screwed up for me lately. Seems the more time I’m on the slower it gets, to the point of just shutting down.

  12. #12Joe H2024-05-22 21:45

    Couldn't get on this morning, working now. And it's not posting this right now, black line moving across the top but not posting. I'll leave it doing whatever it's doing and see if it goes. Joe H

  13. #13Welder Dave2024-05-23 01:10

    It has been increasingly hard to get on the site the last few days. Took all day today before I could finally get on.

  14. #14Old Growth2024-05-23 02:37

    It’s just been in the mornings the last two days (tues/wed) for me that’s been unavailable

  15. #15Tinkerer2024-05-23 07:08

    For those that don't know ---- There is a thread going in the support forum discussing the same issues. HeavyEquipmentForums For me, the slow loading problem is much better this morning. But it is still slow.

  16. #16eastroad2024-05-23 07:14

    Same here.

  17. #17Vetech632024-05-23 09:03

    Couldn't get on at all yesterday. It's a crap shoot for me daily. Some days its so frustrating I will go days without trying

  18. #18mg23612024-05-23 12:00

    Every day at lunch, I usually cannot get onto the site. Either laptop or phone, either WIFI or through the cell network.

  19. #19chidog2024-05-23 18:32

    I think its the time of day maybe everyone trys it at the same time ? Its horrible right now. Its dead slow.

  20. #20Welder Dave2024-05-23 19:11

    It never used to be a problem.

  21. #21Steve Frazier2024-05-23 22:53

    HEF has been targeted with DOS attacks that overload the server and shut it down. Our techs have done everything they can to filter out these attacks but any further steps will dramatically effect our membership. The attacks come and go, I have experienced trouble one minute and the next it loads fine. Please be patient and reload when you have trouble, you might have to take a break for a few minutes and return. It's very frustrating on my end too, we made a considerable investment installing HEF on a state of the art server. People suck.

  22. #22Welder Dave2024-05-23 23:16

    That sucks. Sometimes the breaks are hours.

  23. #23Camshawn2024-05-23 23:24

    Steve: I for one appreciate your work (and the unseen team) trying to keep the site up. If I experience problems, I just come back in a half hr and try again. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. I really miss the site when it’s down. Cam

  24. #24Welder Dave2024-05-23 23:30

    To clarify, I meant that the site getting attacked sucks.

  25. #25chidog2024-05-24 03:06

    Maybe its the choice of operating system for the servers. I would think by now with all the top computer people all the nasty computer issues would be a thing of the past.

  26. #26Welder Dave2024-05-24 03:11

    The hackers are getting smarter too. I don't think it's too far fetched that cyber crime units are hiring top hackers to come work for them.

  27. #27Shimmy12024-05-26 18:19

    Are you paranoid you're going to log off and never get back on? Why don't you put all this stuff in one thread instead of starting 50 threads? Just a question.

  28. #28Welder Dave2024-05-26 21:33

    Different problem from not being able to get on at all. I never knew the site was hacked the first time. If you don't have any problems why do read the thread(s)? Obviously with the responses other members are having similar problems. How can the admin. fix problems if they don't know about them??

  29. #29cfherrman2024-05-27 08:29

    Dos attacks are denial of service so a attacker finds a port that the server must have and sends bogus requests to it which the server rejects, but it takes a moment of time to do that, then multiply that by 1,000,000 a second. I know other servers that get attacked like this and it sucks, not much you can do.

  30. #30Steve Frazier2024-05-27 14:53

    Just to clarify, we've never been hacked. Our member's information has never been at risk. As cfherrman described, the site is under attack from time to time that binds up the server and makes it difficult for membership to access. Because modern technology allows for IP changes on the fly it's very difficult to block them without blocking the membership.

  31. #31MarcusZ19672024-05-27 17:46

    I've got the weird problem of not getting the site from my phone but my linux desktop has no problem. Same with other sites tho... I'm blaming android for this problem.... Only goog sites work on it.........

  32. #3292U 34062024-05-27 22:36

    Strange why its only this website. I rarely have any issues anywhere else on the web.

  33. #33cfherrman2024-05-27 22:58

    While the site is under attack it's easier to contact mars. It's probably a competitor to this website trying to drive traffic off it, don't fall for it.

  34. #34stinky642024-05-28 09:37

    Ever since shimmy outed the scumbags with the bogus excavator for sale, they hammered him and the time frame is right for this site as well. It just sucks that some foreign entity feels the need to disrupt this site. Nothing to do but feed their little superiority complex by pushing a button. Like the little puppet...."I KILL YOU"

  35. #3592U 34062024-05-28 22:42

    What was the story there? I missed all that.

  36. #36cfherrman2024-05-28 23:17

    There was a poster asking about a joint with cheap equipment, shimmy (or someone) figured it out as a scam and the scammer was texting and calling him and attacked the site from them on.

  37. #37stinky642024-05-29 09:34

    It was actually his dad he had to convince the seller was a scammer. Shortly after exposing scam and posting ad here, his issues started. No shame on him, several times members (including myself) have tried to expose scams of this nature to try and save someone else from getting taken. Unfortunately this turd has advanced online terrorist skills. The I kill you part is just from Jeff Dunhams puppet Achmed the terrorist.