Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Oddball hydraulic oil filter.

Palmer78 ยท 2009-04-24 02:08

I was wondering what kind of hydraulic filters everyone uses. I'm changing the filter on my new used IHI 35N and it has a Yamashin filter on it now. I found some online but they are about $115. I tried to cross reference it with Napa, Wix, and Baldwin filters but none of them have any matches. I guess I will be paying for a new Yamashin filter.

Replies1
  1. #1maddog2009-04-24 07:46

    go into the wix site and follow the directions for looking up your machine. Hopefully it will come up with your machine and give the filters you need. http://www.wixfilters.com/filterlookup/index.asp I've had good luck with this BUT it is not 100% correct so before you buy take your old filter with you to the auto store and compare. I have also taken my chinese filters{VERY HARD to crossover} to the local napa store and been able to cross over{drove the folks nutz}.