Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Oh BOY!Look what I found at the local Deere dealer…

BOSS EXCAVATING ยท 2008-04-02 18:31
Replies37
  1. #1Tigerotor77W2008-04-02 18:45

    Finally! What dealer is that -- West Side? Where in Chicago are you from (suburbs)?

  2. #2BOSS EXCAVATING2008-04-02 18:54

    You got it!West side in Naperville,It's right by my house.I dove passed there today and saw it...I turned right around and went home and got my camera!

  3. #3BOSS EXCAVATING2008-04-02 19:06

    Here's a couple more for ya Tigerotor77W...

  4. #4Countryboy2008-04-02 19:54

    Someone mind posting the pictures for me. The work computer doesn't like Photobucket.

  5. #5EqmtRunr2008-04-02 20:09

    feel leftout CB? lets see if this works.

  6. #6EqmtRunr2008-04-02 20:11

    Waddya know it did! :thumbsup :drinkup

  7. #7Countryboy2008-04-02 20:19

    I was....but not anymore. Thanks a bunch. :drinkup

  8. #8Deere96702008-04-02 20:33

    Hmm BOSS excavating, ive heard of them..... Im from lockport......Its a small world Very nice pics, I love the exhaust on that machine!!!

  9. #9Burnout2008-04-02 21:07

    Mmmmmmmm SEXY!

  10. #10bobcat ron2008-04-02 22:35

    Anyone notice the loader cylinder's hose is under the cylinder? They just flip that sucker around and get the hose on top of the cylinder, less chance of it getting ripped off by a big chunk of wood from the tracks!

  11. #11bear2008-04-03 03:45

    Good eyes there Bobcat! Nice looking stuff though. Jd Cat whoever shiny equipment makes me drool. I think its just the power thing though. wish i could put one of those big engines in a pickup. oh well... I get out of college and break some of the laws of physics and ill do it.

  12. #12alco2008-04-03 14:42

    That's a very good point, if it doesn't fit to flip it around because of hard pipe issues up to the hoses, I guess a guard would be in order. Brian

  13. #13Burnout2008-04-03 14:52

    I have noticed a lot of the smaller track loaders have the lines under the lift cylinder. I just looked through my track loader pics, the Deere 605C is the same way, and so is the Cat 953C. I had that 53C for around 2 months and nothing ever got jammed up in the lines. But I do agree something should be there to protect that line. I wanna try one of those beasts out. I sat in the Liebherr model at Con Expo and the visibility out the sides SUCKED. I couldn't see the back of the tracks or the sides unless I leaned up and put my forehead right on the window. I wonder if the Deere model is any better. I doubt that it is but its something that should be resolved.

  14. #14PETE3792008-04-04 10:56

    Nice track loader, We dont have a Deere dealer on Long Island so we dont get to see many around here.

  15. #15Tigerotor77W2008-04-05 02:25

    Sweet! Have a good friend who lives in Naperville.

  16. #16dirtpig2008-04-05 09:47

    Thanks Many thanks for posting the pictures.

  17. #17biggixxerjim2008-04-05 12:30

    Maybe get a longer hose on there and flip the cylinder

  18. #18Deas Plant2008-04-05 19:49

    Rear-engined track loader visibility. Hi, Burnout. Poor visibility to the tracks seems to be a feature of rear-engined track loaders. The only place you can see ANY part of your tracks in a Cat rear-engined loader is right at the entry point or if you lean forward far enough to see the tracks over the top of the idlers. Having a cab on the machine just makes it worse. I've never run a Liebherr track loader but the people I've spoken to who claim to have run them reckon the visibility to the rear on them is atrocious. One operator said that when you put the rippers in the ground, you had to travel 10 or 12 feet before you could even see the ground that had been ripped. I don't know how true that is but I hear that he was saying it had poor rear visibility.

  19. #19Burnout2008-04-05 20:21

    I find the visibility in the 605 Deere, 953-973 Cat's to be amazing compared to the larger Liebherr/Deere models. Granted almost every track loader sold in our area is an LGP model. But with the Cat loaders I can just lean to the side a few inches and see the sides of my track shoes out the side windows, and looking over my shoulder and down I can see the rear of the undercarriage on them. I've never ripped with a track loader so that is completely foreign to me. I have only been on 1 973 with a ripper and I only used it to jack the loader off the ground with the bucket to clean the tracks. Visibility aside I would love to try one of the new loaders. Can't complain about something you've never tried right?

  20. #20Countryboy2008-04-06 23:26

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums dirtpig! :drinkup

  21. #21ovrszd2008-04-09 13:23

    Your Avatar reminds me of home!!! Heheheheheh. We've got eight Jeeps.

  22. #22Burnout2008-04-09 15:17

    I've got 4 myself, a 2003 TJ Rubicon, 95 Cherokee with a 6" lift, and 2 parts cherokee's. She has been buggin me to buy a new La-Z-Boy for my apartment..... but a small body lift, and 35's and a winch sound like more fun

  23. #23Deere96702008-04-09 22:51

    I have a 2002 tj sport and the thing is a $$$$$ eater!!!! Its an addiction....Once ya start ya cant stop buying stuff for it! Its fun though.

  24. #24ovrszd2008-04-10 08:32

    Yep, I know exactly what you are talking about. My wife is great though. She drives an '04 Rubi. And yes,,,, it's totally an expensive addiction!!! We have 45K in the Rubi. But this is our entertainment/hobby. We wheel every weekend the weather permits. Do a two week road trip to Colorado/Utah every year. If you guys every get close to Northwest Missouri give me a holler and we'll wheel at our farm.

  25. #25Burnout2008-04-10 15:12

    It's definately an addiction. I just blew some cash on a 4" suspension lift for the Rubi, and gonna go with a 1.25" body lift a tummy tuck and motor mount lift. And some 35" Cooper Discovery STT's. I also have a 95 Cherokee with a 6" Rubicon Express long arm lift with 33" Dayton Timberline MT's. The cherokee ate up a lot of money for along time, I made it into a 4.5L Stroker, put a older D44 from another cherokee with a detroit in the back and a ton of other crap. I rolled the cherokee for the last time awhile back and now im gutting it. Kristin is happy though, I have a nice picture of her in the Jeep.... what she isn't so thrilled about is that I want to put up a picture of the Jeep on her.

  26. #26Deere96702008-04-10 15:23

    Hope you like to spend money on gas!!!

  27. #27Burnout2008-04-10 17:26

    Yes actually I do. My buddy has 35's on his Rubicon with 4.88 gears and he gets close to stock gas mileage.

  28. #28Deere96702008-04-10 17:52

    Ya, I guess re-gearing is a must. Its not cheap though, but hell if wheelin is your hobbie, then I guess its worth it. Post some pics when you get those 35's. Im just a broke college kid so im gonna go with a 2" BB with some 32" mt's, after we get the crop in down here.

  29. #29BIGBEN20042008-04-11 19:04

    I wish they would have ran the glass all the way down the door. With that metal at the lower part of the doors you have limited visibility out the sides. I still prefer the new Cat 953D and 963D. They have just about perfected them now.

  30. #30d9ripper2009-04-02 19:27

    All i can say is B E A utifull !!

  31. #31Hendrik2009-04-02 23:59

    Pardon my ignorance but what is so special about a JD track loader? Which reminds me of the time I was helping operate a 955(?) Feline track loader, doing a rubble road on the farm, the starter was stuffed so the dozer raising the rubble had to push start the loader. So one day super duper dozer driver gets me to push the loader blade to bucket while he starts it, did you know those motors can run backwards? Anyway he got a nice face full of black smoke because the air intake on those things is right in front of the driver station.

  32. #32aongheas.macask2009-04-03 12:00

    Hi Boss Excavating, Its a nice loader but its manufactured by Liebherr in Austria and sold in Europe as a Liebherr LR634,check out the Liebherr website, crawler loaders.

  33. #33Louis 955 jr2009-04-25 21:35

    Can anyone tell me the difference between the new John deere track loaders and the caterpillar 63s, etc

  34. #34Digger10002009-04-25 21:45

    Deere website will allow you to compare the 755D to a 963D, so you can at least see the specs side by side. 755D is built by Liebherr as stated earlier, but the 755D uses a Deere 6.8L engine.

  35. #35IdleUp2009-04-26 08:10

    Wow that's nice - do they have a plan if you lose your job they make your payments and take it back!!!:beatsme

  36. #36earthscratcher2009-04-26 11:32

    my next machine will probably be a 655 a very sweet machine! love the chrome pipes deere uses.

  37. #37daugherty1022009-04-28 20:40

    hey boss excavating your salesman from westside wouldn't be jeff pratt would it? that's who mine is he's a pretty good salesman and he's good on his word. how do they treat you guys? pretty well i presume?