Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Oh083 bucket question

jegro88 ยท 2024-08-12 22:04

Hello fellas I have a uh083 hitachi and the bucket ears are pounded right out of it, I'm going to cut them off and get my local steel shop to water jet me new ears to weld on, issue is I can't find any info whether or not these are standard issue hitachi 200 sized ears or if there a different pattern? Anyone have any info on what size the ears are? If there compatible to the newer quicktach wedge style bucket ears? Or know somewhere I can find a schidmatic for the style I need? Thanks a bunch in advance

Replies4
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-08-13 00:55

    Welcome to HEF jegro88 . I also could not find any bucket pin up data (manual had nothing) other than both UH083 bucket pins are 80mm. You'll have to measure the existing pin center to center and the spread of the 2 ears.

  2. #2Tones2024-08-13 02:24

    IIRC UH83 and first EX200 were the same ear, pin sizes and spacing. It's been a couple of days since I've swapped buckets though.

  3. #3John Shipp2024-08-13 06:12

    EXCAVATOR Pin-on Bucket Mounting Dimensions 02-22-2021 docs.google.com Stumpywally has this list which has Hitachi 200 etc but unfortunately not the 083.

  4. #4Tones2024-08-13 20:21

    Back in the day we had a 083 and EX200. Rather than having buckets for each machine some were shared like the 600mm trenching bucket and ripper. That's how I remember they were the same pin dimensions. The boss was a tight a**.