Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ohio demolition gone wrong

TomG ยท 2010-11-11 18:26

Saw this on my news feed today. Looks like some one seriously messed up! Good thing is no one got hurt, but it looks like it was a close call with the wires. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101111/ap_on_re_us/us_demolition_debacle_4

Replies10
  1. #1heavylift2010-11-11 19:12

    ouch!!! well lots of luck involved there

  2. #2casecx7002010-11-11 20:50

    yea that would make for a bad day. even made the news here in arizona

  3. #3tonka2010-11-11 21:39

    yup... even HEO-girl heard about it in maine...

  4. #4oldtanker2010-11-11 23:19

    Cheapest bidder??????? Rick

  5. #5ke6gwf2010-11-12 02:18

    How many safety issues and stupid things can we spot in this case? I will start with having everybody under power lines within reach of the stack. (and add that #2 is not hiring CD!

  6. #6DEERE310SG2010-11-12 09:22

    Wow not good. Kyle

  7. #7motrack2010-11-13 12:08

    The newspaper over that way said they found a undetected crack in the structure and when it was blown things went down hill from there. Sounds like it needed a closer inspection before the blasting started.

  8. #8Turbo218352010-11-13 18:50

    Sounds like an attempt to CYA to me. I have seen several brick stacks shot, and I can understand an unseen crack. An unseen crack in a concrete stack such as this is a serious over look by someone who is supposed to be a professional blaster.

  9. #9motrack2010-11-14 18:04

    Thats exactly what I was thinking.

  10. #10Burns-Tractor2010-12-30 13:44

    Ouch