Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rail Demo Time laps

Dwan Hall ยท 2010-11-07 16:00

Surfing I found this and thaught it was wort posting. I have watched it 4 times and pick something out different each time. I was trying to figure out how many days the total video covered. http://www.wimp.com/railwaytracks/ Most every construction site would benifit from a set camera and timepals shots like these.

Replies11
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2010-11-07 17:31

    Wow! What a great timelapse. An awful lot of work in very close quarters.

  2. #2willie592010-11-07 17:42

    Neat video.

  3. #3Stevenbrla2010-11-07 17:54

    Cool site too.

  4. #4Dwan Hall2010-11-07 19:07

    4 days start to finish. Wounder how long it to get the permits?

  5. #5tonka2010-11-07 19:52

    no doubt, i hope them elct. lines for the busses/train cars was down... that was a city job i bet they pushed it threw in no time...

  6. #6EarthRockHill2010-11-07 23:50

    It was actually 3 1/2 days from start to finish. The photographer lived right above the site and shot this from his window. It was done in San Francisco from the evening of October 8th thru the morning of the 12th. He shot it with a small point and shoot with a 15 second delay. In the beginning of the night shoot there are two fuzzy lines, probably a reflection thru the window he was shooting. Then during the day you see the peak of the roof , as a shadow, from the house he is shooting from move across the scene as the earth rotates of the course of the day. The MBTA in Boston did the same thing to a section of tracks like this about 25 years ago because the new light rail cars (from Osaka) came right off the tracks when they tried to make the corner just like this. The set a much deeper base (4 feet) than this project did however.

  7. #795zIV2010-11-08 00:07

    Did anyone else catch that the boom on the backhoe leaks down and one of the excavators the dipper leaks down? I didn't watch it all because it's too late but tomorrow it'll be interesting to see.

  8. #8Dwan Hall2010-11-08 01:35

    I seen one of the Deere excavators thumb leak down, maybe it was the boom or both.

  9. #9EarthRockHill2010-11-08 09:36

    Yes. I see that all the time when I am shooting timelapse for demolition and construction. happens on EVERY machine out there...

  10. #10heavylift2010-11-08 11:13

    the cutting torches looked like someone was cad welding...

  11. #11DigDug2010-12-24 09:51

    Cool video!