Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

OHIO Rail Crane, Any one familiar with these?

Brodiesel ยท 2017-06-10 21:56

Recently built an engine for this machine, the mechanic installing it sent me some pics and I just thought it was a really cool crane. Made in the 40's it seems like it used to be steam powered or something. Does any know anything about this particular unit?

Replies4
  1. #1RZucker2017-06-10 22:16

    No clue, but I would have thought it would have an old Cat or Waukesha instead of an 8V-71.

  2. #2Brodiesel2017-06-10 22:19

    Well maybe so, it's very original engine was something else I believe.

  3. #3John C.2017-06-10 23:24

    I have a customer here that used to use them in a scrap yard. All of those had 6-71 engines. The ones I worked on were American cranes with the Ohio carbody. When I was doing work for these guys all the time the manufacturer was still in business.

  4. #4kenh2017-06-10 23:38

    http://www.aolcrane.com/locomotivecranes.html