Does anyone know if I can purchase a new rheostat for a Fuel Sending Unit (FSU) or knows the Ohm range when it is full and empty? I pulled out the Fuel Sending Unit (FSU) from CASE 480E and discovered the rheostat is broken, the tiny coiled wire is broken with half of the wire missing, I assume it is in the fuel filter. CASE manufacture wants $110.00 for a completely new FSU. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I found a replacement fuel sending unit, $18.95. It bolted right up and only had to cut off a couple of inches from the float arm, manufacture Equus model number 9982. Oh by the way, the ohm range is 0-90 ohms. Summit Racing sells the replacement, is the link below, case closed. http://www.summitracing.com/search?SortBy=BestKeywordMatch&SortOrder=Ascending&keyword=equ-9982
If anyone wants to replace their Fuel Sending Unit, I have an extra fuel sending unit, $15.00 plus shipping, brand new still in box.