Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Oil Brand and Wgt?

mantis ยท 2009-08-19 16:16

Hey guy's.I did a search but couldn't find anything on this topic.What brand and weight oil would you recomend for a cummins turbo diesel? Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1LonestarCobra2009-08-19 18:48

    The phrase "Cummins Turbo Diesel" refers to alot of engines. Anyway, the manufacturer recommends a particular weight of oil for the particular engine. Most Cummins engines I deal with are running with Mobil Delvac 15W-40 in them. I have had very good results with that oil in every diesel engine I have run it in. It would be safe to say that 15W-40 would be the proper weight for your engine as it is for most diesels but not all. The old Detroit 2 strokers use a "Straight Viscosity" oil as we call it.

  2. #2mailtrain2009-08-19 22:58

    Chevron Delo 400 15w-40 is also a good oilfor diesels, I used it on all my trucks that I had.Even use it in my F-150 5.4 that has 110k on it.

  3. #3mantis2009-08-20 08:45

    Sorry about that.I should have been more clear.It is in my hough H90 payloader.I have the #'s off of the engine if that would help?Mod# is JTBC1,

  4. #4MrKomatsu2009-08-20 18:24

    Delo 400 15/40....most dealers will agree.................Komatsu does.....

  5. #5Mr.Digger2009-09-15 07:41

    how bout Rotella 15-40. That's all I've used???