Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

oil capacity case 1845c

Terryz ยท 2016-06-18 18:20

Anyone know the chaincase oil capacity of a case 1845c? the machine came into our shop with the cases drained. I don't see any level plugs. Thanks, Terry

Replies1
  1. #1kshansen2016-06-18 20:40

    Check this link: http://www.colemanequip.com/SpecSheets/1845C.pdf Capacities are bottom center of the first page. I believe Case recommends engine oil in the chain cases. Some may disagree, but as all that is really in there are three chains and half a dozen sprockets, I think any oil would be fine. Compared to the chain on a motorcycle they live a good life if you can keep the water out! Shock loads from show-off operators will do more damage than anything else. If the compartments are dirty or have signs of water I usually would dump in a couple gallons of fuel oil and block the machine up so you could spin wheels back and fourth for several minutes then drain and fill with clean oil. New seals/gaskets on the four covers is a good idea, check them for cracks around stud holes from someone over tightening the nuts.