Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar 259D Service Manual

Sbdrums24 · 2016-06-19 17:15

Does anyone know where I can buy a service manual for my cat 259D?

Replies13
  1. #1Nige2016-06-19 17:32

    Try here for genuine Cat manuals ......... https://servicemanualpro.com/ Plug in your Serial Number and the relevant manuals will appear. A complete Service Manual (service, repair, & troubleshooting) will be quite expensive. An Operation & Maintenance Manual will be around $35 on CD or $45 for a paper version.

  2. #2Sbdrums242016-06-19 18:13

    Great thank you!

  3. #3Kaptain0072023-02-28 18:45

    I have Parts Manual, Service Manual, and OMM for Cat 259D. PM me if you need any of them.

  4. #4Geoff Lott2025-02-23 12:03

    I’m looking for the particular section on assembly and disassembly of the final drive pump in back…caterpillar said they will email me it due to business we do with them I’ll call Monday to try again as I haven’t received it yet but trying to see if I can get a quicker response this way

  5. #5Nige2025-02-23 12:25

    You're referring to the hystat pump I assume.? Post a Serial Number. Let's see what's available.

  6. #6Geoff Lott2025-02-23 16:44

    No clue on serial it’s a 259D don’t think that section changed much

  7. #7Nige2025-02-23 19:03

    I think this should work.

  8. #8Geoff Lott2025-02-24 06:16

    No sir incorrect pump…the piston pump that is on backside of final drive …the drive motor pump

  9. #9Nige2025-02-24 09:47

    That’s a motor not a pump, hence why I got the wrong component. The pump for the drive system is mounted on the back of the engine. Reading your question above again I can see now what you’re asking for. First question: single speed or 2-speed motor.? They are different, not surprisingly. A machine Serial Number would have immediately told me what type of motors it has.

  10. #10Geoff Lott2025-02-24 10:21

    2-speed…yea I know it’s a drive motor just has the piston pump in it never know what some call things so tried to cover basis

  11. #11Nige2025-02-24 10:31

    Is this the one.? Certainly based on your illustration above it looks as though it is.

  12. #12Geoff Lott2025-02-24 11:44

    Yes sir that’s it…got the assembly into final drive??… is what I’m looking for already built it

  13. #13Nige2025-02-24 11:55

    Was that all you were looking for.?