Found yet another oil leak. Trans oil is coming out starter. I noticed the oil level is high (not trans, but the other box, one with dip stick between trans and engine) Is there a scavenge pump not doing its job? Oil just too high? Or is this normal and starter gasket needs replaced? Machine operates as it should.
I think there is only supposed to be a little bit of oil (maybe a gallon or so) in that compartment.
It should be a dry bellhousing. Sounds like you've got transmission oil leaking into the transfer case then leaking into the bellhousing.
If you run the hydrostat trans to full it will build to much pressure and push oil into the gear box which could push oil out the front o ring. I run the hydro on the low side cold. Is it engine oil or gear box oil?
It's gear box.
Gear box over full?
Yes
Gear box was over filled when new engine was installed about 90 hours ago.
Not positive but the gear box and hydro are sealed systems that build pressure. If they have to much oil there is not enough room for air pressure when hot and they will push oil out of seals. I had this happen on my hydrostats pushing oil into gear box. When I started running it at the level my mechanic told me to there was no more problem. When you installed the motor did you put new oring on imput shaft and get it good and straight when motor was pushed in?