Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

OIl Field Trucking

KW850&T800H ยท 2011-05-13 16:08

Trucking from Alberta and BC. Put pictures of anything oil trucking, wherever you are in the world! I'll start off with some T800's and an INTRUDER.

Replies17
  1. #1KW850&T800H2011-05-13 16:11

    Now Some C550's, C500's. Twin steers and tridems. A Pete as well.

  2. #2KW850&T800H2011-05-13 16:16

    Some more. Western Stars Kenworths They mostly run Cat engines, a couple Cummins but Detroit Diesel doesn't have the guts for this. Can anyone tell me what those axles are on that KW in the 3rd picture?

  3. #3KW850&T800H2011-05-13 16:18

    Some more! You probably know this, but all those tires on the last picture is on a trailer that are known as "wheelers"

  4. #4rigandig2011-05-13 21:21

    Those are planetary axles. Just like you would find on a rubber tired front end loader. Nice pics. Thanks

  5. #5KW850&T800H2011-05-13 21:31

    Thanks! That's what i thought, wasn't to sure though.

  6. #6boomguy2011-05-18 21:38

    Detroit dont have the what? lol

  7. #7DEERE310SG2011-05-19 10:55

    Great pic's. Kyle

  8. #8markshr1512011-05-19 11:24

    How do you deal with the inside tires on the wheeler?

  9. #9KW850&T800H2011-05-28 13:13

    They get in there with a socket wrench and undo all the nuts and lift them out to replace, then reverse the process to put them back in.

  10. #10KW850&T800H2011-05-28 13:17

    The guts, lol, I'm not a fan of them and neither are they, they say they don't like the new Detroits because they are gutless.

  11. #11markshr1512011-05-28 17:55

    I don't think so. But Iam not there.

  12. #12KW850&T800H2011-05-29 19:42

    I was walking around the yard with the tire guy thumping tires, i asked him, I think i know what I'm talking about.

  13. #13Scrub Puller2011-06-30 06:27

    Yair...anyone got any oldtimey pictures of sucking mudpumps or whatall on with the front wheels of the ground? All my old oil patch photos got ruined in a flood back in '74

  14. #14mitch5042011-06-30 10:56

    A lot of trailers like that are set up so that it is relatively quick to drop the axle, but on some it is possible to do it with a ratchet and the perfect length extension. That's how I did my first one, but boy did I feel silly when they showed me how to drop the axle. Either way, you always want to put GOOD tires on the inside.

  15. #15KW850&T800H2011-07-01 04:28

    These axles won't drop : / and also you are correct, good tires on the inside. He did them all with a perfect extension etc. Want more pics?

  16. #16Aliate2011-07-01 21:37

    what kind of wheels are those in the rear?

  17. #17KW850&T800H2011-07-02 02:29

    Those are extra large wheels. Mainly for flotation and weight. We get 3 ft deep mud here regularly.