Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

oil leak

catwelder ยท 2017-10-28 03:28

so i went to the Kubota dealer today to look at a new tractor and while I was there a case backhoe caught my eye and well its for sale for 9k. I asked the guy if anything was wrong with it and he told me that the guy who brought it in said that after a hour of using it that it starts to leak oil (there was a thing of oil under it so it does leak even when parked). i asked if he knew what was wrong with it he just told me no so would anyone might have a idea what could be wrong with it and if i should back away from it.

Replies16
  1. #1hosspuller2017-10-28 03:52

    What kind of oil Engine? Hydraulic ? Where front or back ?

  2. #2alrman2017-10-28 08:04

    If it's the Flux Capacitor you will be in REAL trouble......

  3. #3mitch5042017-10-28 10:21

    I don't know Alrman, it sounds more like the turbo encabulator to me...

  4. #4catwelder2017-10-28 12:20

    yeahhhh I went back and from a little dribble it turned into a pool very fast i did not run it for long either maybe 20 mins it overheated then died and the oil was just pouring out and the guy was just confused and said he was not sure what was wrong with it

  5. #5Billrog2017-10-28 12:28

    I had a 580K that dumped oil out of the back of the engine area replace the rear engine seal and front transmission seal while it was apart never leaked another drop. Was a very reasonable fix.

  6. #6NH575E2017-10-28 14:15

    Offer them 5K and have it hauled to someone who knows how to repair it.

  7. #7thepumpguysc2017-10-28 18:19

    you were at "THE DEALER" & THEY DIDNT KNOW HOW to fix an OIL LEAK?? that was POURING out.. that's scary..I'd run.. I SURE wouldn't take anything THERE for service work..

  8. #8alrman2017-10-28 19:29

    Why would a "dealer" allow you to test a machine with oil pouring out of it? - almost hilarious.... If it's leaking that much, the source should be easy to find .... that is, if you really want to fix it......

  9. #9Coy Lancaster2017-10-28 20:25

    What model of Case backhoe is it. Where is the leak coming from front, center, or rear. Is it engine oil, trans oil or hyd. oil. Give us a hint please if you want our help.

  10. #10catwelder2017-10-29 15:40

    it was a case construction king coming from the front it is engine oil and its was flowing like a damn river

  11. #11catwelder2017-10-29 15:41

    well they allowed me to test it since it was only a small amount coming out so they thought it was fine then after a little it started to come out like a damn busted

  12. #12catwelder2017-10-29 15:42

    it was a Kubota dealer and there half ass I don't even take the tractor I bought from them there I take it to the dealer ship 45 mins away if that tells you anything

  13. #13catwelder2017-10-29 15:43

    I offered them nothing and got in my car and left it sitting there while there people looked at before they could blame me because I don't need a lawn ornament

  14. #14NH575E2017-10-30 00:29

    Don't know how they could blame you when they told you it was leaking oil before allowing you to run it. Might be a good steal if you need a backhoe.

  15. #15catwelder2017-10-30 17:17

    to be honest with you I'm not sure either but the way they are set up they would pull something but ill go back Saturday and bring a mechanic with me that actually know what is he doing and then see how much it be to fix and then start from there

  16. #16xgiovannix122017-10-30 17:55

    sounds like the hydraulic pump or possibly an oil cooler? have a mechanic look at it..