Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Oil leak from Case 580sl component

Aussiemac · 2026-09-17 00:11

Hi. I have a leak coming from the part shown in the pic. And I have no idea what they are! Situated under the side console area. Wondering if they can be removed without parts or spring falling out, and if they are resealable or replaceable. Hard to see where exactly the leak is but after cleaning up looks to be between the valves? With the long part on the bottom. Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1alrman2026-09-18 03:42

    That's a picture of your loader control valve. If the oil is leaking out between the sections ..... it's all bad news..... Look for the leak while someone is operating the loader down position. The seals between the sections are leaking & most times I've seen this there is a crack in the loader lift section - which will require a new section = $$$$$ It will require the removal of the entire valve from the machine. I haven't needed to do one of these for quite a while & hate to think how much the CNH gods will be asking for the part.

  2. #2Aussiemac2026-09-18 03:54

    Alrman not what I hoped to hear. That might be a “put up with” leak for a while. And a phone call to Terry so see what used parts he has. After the rh planetary seal leak I discovered a few days ago. Expect a call for some seals!!!